cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem with my Asus rampage V: Help me!

darkdev1988
Level 7
Hi,
my pc is composed by:
-Asus rampage V;
-Corsair ram dominator 16 gb (2x8)
-Graphic card nvidia Asus 970 4gb
-Processor i7 5730k
-PSU Seasonic 750 W Titanium
-Case NZXT 630 Phantom
-Heatsink Corsair 110i

This is my problem:
Since a few weeks my pc doesn't work at the start. I tried everything, for example: I disassambled all the pc and removed all non necessary components.
I tried to replace with a new power supply and verify the motherboard or the cpu pegs, but they are perfectly intact.
The pc starts for a few seconds without error codes but soon turns it off. I tried to move from bios 1 to bios 2 but the result is the same.
I've already reset the CMOS a lots of time and flashed the bios to last firmware (through bios flashback procedure that completes regularly) for the twos, but the problem is always the same.
I have also replaced the battery with no result. Sometimes the bios 2 give me this error code sequence: 78 - 68 and then it blocks on 70 until turns it off twenty seconds later. I ordered a new chip for the bios, but I wanted to know if my problem concerns the motherboard or the CPU.
At the moment I can't test the CPU on a new motherboard, but I can ensure that the pc wasn't overclocked.
Hoping in your help, thank you for your attention.
3 REPLIES 3

Szaquak
Level 7
Maybe overheat an protector turns off PC
I know You have AIO cooling but maybe thermal paste fails or low pressure to CPU

Szaquak wrote:
Maybe overheat an protector turns off PC
I know You have AIO cooling but maybe thermal paste fails or low pressure to CPU

Hi thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately I also disassembled the heatsink to clean it with isopropyl alcohol and to put new thermal paste of the artic mx4 but not even in this way the pc is able to start. Do you have any other help you can give me? Unfortunately I would hate to throw away both the motherboard and processor as they worked perfectly.

Szaquak
Level 7
Try to start PC with one memory bone. Check all memory slot pins, maybe slot damage during put memory to slot. I had some problems with that. I had to use a needle to fix it.