cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair 6200 cl36 (sk hinyx m)

Revollucion
Level 7
Hi anybody use this RAM successfully with Hero Apex or Extreme?

Would you keep sk hinyx m RAM over Samsung?

Thank you in advance. *
21 REPLIES 21

rjbarker
Level 11
I have heard good things...Hynix over Sammy.....presently my Samsung 5600 C36 OC fine 6000 C36.....but I couldnt resist and have this 6200 C36 in transit from Taiwan ....

@Braegnok 😉

Btw...thanks for this link

https://www.igorslab.de/en/colourful-dawn-of-a-new-era-corsair-dominator-platinum-rgb-ddr5-5600-cl36...

I just installed this kit over the weekend. I ordered 2 kits. Both perform about the same. I was unsuccessful getting them to work in all 4 DIMMs (4x16)

When installed in A2/B2 (2x16), I can get both kits stable with XMP 2 if I reduce the frequency to DDR5-6000. Trying to run that at stock DDR5-6200 gives memtest errors. I did try bumping voltage to 1.35 (VDD/VDDQ/VDDQtx) but didn't help.

To confirm, here are the kits I am working with: CMT32GX5M2X6200C36

chsoriano wrote:
I just installed this kit over the weekend. I ordered 2 kits. Both perform about the same. I was unsuccessful getting them to work in all 4 DIMMs (4x16)

When installed in A2/B2 (2x16), I can get both kits stable with XMP 2 if I reduce the frequency to DDR5-6000. Trying to run that at stock DDR5-6200 gives memtest errors. I did try bumping voltage to 1.35 (VDD/VDDQ/VDDQtx) but didn't help.

Hello,

Sounds about right. 4x16 6000k isn't possible
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

chsoriano wrote:

Sorry to hear this. 2 kits CMT32GX5M2X6200C36 must have cost you dearly.

That it is impossible to run DDR5 with all 4 DIMM sockets populated, is meanwhile around. But why can't you run even run only 2x16 GB at stock/default frequency? Is the memory faulty, or does the BIOS needs finetuning?

Yes I was refering to CMT32GX5M2X6200C36

Here in in UK they cost £439 for 32gb (2x16)

Which motherboard u trying to run it in 4 dimm slots?

Any thoughts on which motherboard to order *Hero, Apex or Extreme?

Stupid question.. if I want to run these on lets says Hero, Apex or Extreme I can just lower Mhz to make it being stable until new bios available?

Thanks to all…

Revollucion wrote:

Which motherboard u trying to run it in 4 dimm slots?

Any thoughts on which motherboard to order *Hero, Apex or Extreme?

Stupid question.. if I want to run these on lets says Hero, Apex or Extreme I can just lower Mhz to make it being stable until new bios available?

Thanks to all…

I am running the ROG Z690 Extreme board. I had a Hero board before the recall, but didn't want to wait for a "fixed" batch. I haven't tried APEX, but honestly I would have preferred that if I knew I was only going to get 2 DIMMs to (maybe?) work at rated XMP speeds.

chsoriano wrote:
I am running the ROG Z690 Extreme board. I had a Hero board before the recall, but didn't want to wait for a "fixed" batch. I haven't tried APEX, but honestly I would have preferred that if I knew I was only going to get 2 DIMMs to (maybe?) work at rated XMP speeds.

I pulled trigger for Z690 extreme too… I am sure it will improve as New versions of Bios come out. Just could not resist aesthetic of this MOBO. Have to complete build then will play with 6200 cl36 I have got. I think will be fine with only two Sticks around 6000

With the latest bios I am able to run this kit in XMP1 mode (DDR5-6200) without any further voltage or timing tweaks. So that's an improvement!

Memtest passes with no errors, but for some reason this resulted in ~400pt drop in Cinebench score (about 27,000 to 26,600).

I haven't tried gaming yet, but I'm going to try tonight.
By any chance is anyone running Windows 11 on this hardware? I'm trying to get memory core isolation to work but last time I enabled it (with the G.Skill DDR5-6000) the system wouldn't boot.

chsoriano wrote:
With the latest bios I am able to run this kit in XMP1 mode (DDR5-6200) without any further voltage or timing tweaks. So that's an improvement!

Memtest passes with no errors, but for some reason this resulted in ~400pt drop in Cinebench score (about 27,000 to 26,600).

I haven't tried gaming yet, but I'm going to try tonight.
By any chance is anyone running Windows 11 on this hardware? I'm trying to get memory core isolation to work but last time I enabled it (with the G.Skill DDR5-6000) the system wouldn't boot.

That is great news!

Once I complete my build. We can chat about it. But I have 12700k, Thor 1000w Platinum2, suprim x 3080 ti, that should not make any difference!