cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver nividia version to 296.16 need urgent advice thanks alot

RobinJack
Level 7
Hi all bros, I need urgent advice, I have not do windows updates and also asus updates yet, so now I downloaded nividia driver 296.16, can I do windows updates and asus updates? or not recommended need your input
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Why do you think you should not do Windows updates? I am a bit confused sorry. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Why do you think you should not do Windows updates? I am a bit confused sorry. 🙂

Im scared might clash with the computer, previously I owned Alienware M17X custom made from overseas running dual crossfire series graphics card HD 5870 X2, and it crash and after some time the repairman told me its due to Windows Updates

So is it safe?

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi @RobinJack

here you have the latest approved asus driver:
MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Nvidia has fixed the bug that prevented our QC team from officiating their drivers on our G and VX series laptops. Our product page download links will be updated soon with Forceware 296.16 soon 🙂

As usual we recommend not downloading from 3rd party driver sites as you'll never know if it has hidden malware.

Download link:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/VGA/nVidia/VGA_nVidia_Win7_64_Z817129616.zip

🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Hi @RobinJack

here you have the latest approved asus driver:

🙂

thanks bro have a great weekend

So I can also do the Asus update right? Thanks for advice.

fuzon1337
Level 10
Okey..... uhm you're talking about the Windows update and Asus update now ?

I would recommend to do the Windows update, I've never had issues with the updates from Microsoft.
About the Asus update, it's optional. You can download the drivers that it have for you now but beside of that, you can find the drivers on the Asus support page for your notebook.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205