cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPS jumping issue

Retired
Not applicable
Hello,

I no longer have overheating issues but rather FPS jumping issues. When I'm playing Osu or League of Legends. The FPS doesn't stay stable if I'm playing League of Legends it jumps from 60 cap down to 50 or sometimes 40 and even 30's. For Osu it jumps around 50-60 with vsync and without it the FPS jumps from 140 to about 120.

It would be nice if there is a solution to this because this is really annoying when trying to play =\.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Chastity
Level 10
Have you tried VSync + D3DOverride for Triple Buffering?
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
Chastity wrote:
Have you tried VSync + D3DOverride for Triple Buffering?

How would I go about doing that?

Thanks

Edit: is this how you do it? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366413

If it is this does slightly help by making it fluctuate less but it still "lags" from time to time for osu. For League of Legends during points in the game there is about a 20 fps drop still.

Chastity
Level 10
FPS fluctuation isn't anything unusual. Particular areas or lots of action can cause FPS drops. It can also depend on how well the game is coded. Getting a FPS drop from 140 to 120 is not what I call game lag. What you are probably having issue with is screen tearing, and VSync addresses this. The Triple Buffering allows for vsync to have better performance.

Retired
Not applicable
For D3D Overrider would I use force triple buffering with force vsync?

Chastity
Level 10
force vsync is only necessary if the game has no such option.

Retired
Not applicable
I play league of Legends as well and it runs much smoother if you turn you shadows down to low. You dont really notice the difference in very high and low with the shadows.

my user-name is sirstellfex btw 😄