Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Mine has the same issues, also November batch. First slot is disgustingly bad, 1T doesn't even boot at 5200mhz :O. Second slot is fine, tried up to 6600 with no issues. Asus asked me to sent it to them to check, but since they didn't answer me on what the replacement might be (new / refurbished / maybe even an also problematic mobo) im just stuck here. Don't want to spend a month without a PC only to found out my replacement has the same issues...

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have already spent a month, actually just over a month now without my pc. They have moved back expected RMA replacement twice and now it appears I am only offered a refurbished board which on a $700+ brand new board I find appalling. I have never regretted a motherboard more. I have bought probably close to 10 ASUS motherboards but now I might have to look elsewhere moving forward. If I can get an EVGA kingpin board I might just do that.

ROG Member Array

And shameful, I'm talking via email with a fake Asus technician who doesn't know that Apex dual slot, I asked for ADVANCED RMA, they want me to ship the card to their lab, but from what I've read all over, it's best to leave it alone.
    even if I don't understand why a market leader like asus can play with us like this, they believe that we are stupid fish

New ROGer Array

Thankfully the problem is now solved for me, I ordered a unify X :P

I don't care about RMA or whatever, I threw 700 down the toilet for the apex, i'll keep it, just as a lesson, not to buy from that company again. AMEN.

*Funny thing is, I tried my ram and cpu on a cheapo MSI (z690 pro A). Ram isn't even on the QVL, still works way better than the Apex! (granted, doesn't boot on 1T, but neither does the apex so...) Trains way faster, no problem with restarts, stability seems to be there (haven't done intensive testing, but all games are stable). So the cheapest MSI > Apex when it comes to memory support....yay?

ROG Member Array

Still no official statement from ASUS on this. That's so poor.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Herald View Post
    Thankfully the problem is now solved for me, I ordered a unify X :P

I don't care about RMA or whatever, I threw 700 down the toilet for the apex, i'll keep it, just as a lesson, not to buy from that company again. AMEN.

*Funny thing is, I tried my ram and cpu on a cheapo MSI (z690 pro A). Ram isn't even on the QVL, still works way better than the Apex! (granted, doesn't boot on 1T, but neither does the apex so...) Trains way faster, no problem with restarts, stability seems to be there (haven't done intensive testing, but all games are stable). So the cheapest MSI > Apex when it comes to memory support....yay?
    I am half tempted to buy another motherboard at this point. I have been avoiding it because I don't want to redo my waterloop but maybe it will still work on another board, I have not bothered to check. I was looking at the Unify X as well, a lot of people seem to be having good luck with those.

Supposedly my refurbished board will be ready 4/16 now? I am assuming that is at ASUS and then I will have to wait probably 2 weeks for the slowest possible shipping is my guess.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm thinking of filling a class action law suit at this point.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
    I am half tempted to buy another motherboard at this point. I have been avoiding it because I don't want to redo my waterloop but maybe it will still work on another board, I have not bothered to check. I was looking at the Unify X as well, a lot of people seem to be having good luck with those.

Supposedly my refurbished board will be ready 4/16 now? I am assuming that is at ASUS and then I will have to wait probably 2 weeks for the slowest possible shipping is my guess.
    Oh, so it is a refursbished? Yikes....

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Braegnok View Post
    One Motherboard Two Faces: https://www.igorslab.de/en/1-motherb...ptive-core-oc/

Seems I got lucky my Z690 APEX Part No.: 90MB1810-MOAAYO is First Batch,.. and I haven't had any memory OC issues.

I feel bad for all the members that received out of spec boards, and went through all the trouble shooting, testing trying to run memory listed in QVL, and failing.

However it is nice to see Asus agree to RMA the out of spec boards, and solve the issue.
    Are you not Skullbringer who wrote the article or you just use the same skull pic for your avatar

" For example, my 2021 board does not manage to stably run a Teamgroup DDR5-6400 kit listed on the motherboard’s QVL:
    After describing my problems, the colleagues from the Asus R&D department sent us another board. This time a M0UAY1, whereby this was also preselected for the best possible RAM clock. And although it is also the same revision of the motherboard (R1.02) according to the PCB label, with the same RAM kit, the modules in the same slot order and the same CPU, then XMP is no longer a problem at all. "

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Herald View Post
    Oh, so it is a refursbished? Yikes....
    Here is the latest response:

"Unit will be replaced with refurbished replacement. This unit is not eligible for NIB Replacement since it has never been serviced by ASUS before and was not purchased within 1-2 months. The replacement is expected to arrive at our facility on 2022/04/16. "

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast