Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_yiu@ROG View Post

Yes, we confirmed the issue in our lab. For anyone who has XMP overlocked in BIOS when installing DDR5 6000 or higher frequency memory in QVL, please RMA the motherboard. We will provide a motherboard that works.
    Is there some comments from Asus on this?
    Why there is no official statement on this problem?
    Does this problem afflicts other boards like Extreme or Hero?

ROG Member Array

asus was a failure with the z690 generation
    i had an extreme there was no way to make the ram go in any way, changing the ram and cpu, same problem always errors to premise that the rams were in their QVL list.
    I decide to make the extreme for apex, let's say that now the rams seem stable but after a few days they become unstable.
    calling the Italian technical support of asus, to be premetered that the technician did not know that Apex has only two ram slots .. they say after several tests that it is the motherboard is to contact my dealer, the dealer surely takes several months to solve the problem.
    asus has to make a recall, but I don't think own company without seriousness.
    I'm thinking of changing brands as so many people have already done
    It should be noted that they are motherboards that cost much more than competitors but at least give direct assistance but above all seriousness
    Last edited by Superino091; 03-30-2022 at 09:29 AM.

ROG Member Array

It's so sad what happened here on the part of Asus. it has been proven several times that there are problems with the first z690 apex boards etc. at high ram frequencies.
    even the mods here in the forum try to cover up something by simply blocking threads and diligently denying it, see: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ios#post860085

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by rolloff View Post
    It's so sad what happened here on the part of Asus. it has been proven several times that there are problems with the first z690 apex boards etc. at high ram frequencies.
    even the mods here in the forum try to cover up something by simply blocking threads and diligently denying it, see: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ios#post860085
    worse for them we spend our money on other brands ...
    if you lose credibility it's over
    even if I don't understand the reason for their poor behavior with their customers who pay their salaries
    and the fifth post they delete me, but fortunately the truth is found in the various forums, now they start shooting several videos

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by bscool View Post
    Post has been deleted but can be found on other sites.
    Not sure why they would delete that post...why is this such a "problem"...seriously. Every manufacturer has problems. It's how they react to the problems that matters. I am hoping they get their act together here soon I guess. Looks like posts are being edited. I don't remember what was there, hopefully nothing important.

ROG Member Array

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by rolloff View Post
    I think he's dead now lmbo. I heard a gun shot then boom, deleted lol.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
    Not sure why they would delete that post...why is this such a "problem"...seriously. Every manufacturer has problems. It's how they react to the problems that matters. I am hoping they get their act together here soon I guess. Looks like posts are being edited. I don't remember what was there, hopefully nothing important.
    I agree. The problem isn't even universal so lets say 50% of the boards made around 11/21 have this issue. Now this problem typically happens around 6000MHz and it's (usually) with Samsung IC based kits. Think about how many people just buy the APEX because they want the best and are not RAM OC lunatics like myself. All the boards used for daily as opposed to tinkering / pushing daily mem OC/ HWBot and almost all the people running Micron, Hynix or Samsung 5600 ish kits will not be RMA'd. The people here that want an RMA such as myself (since I'm stuck on code 28 anytime I try to run my 6200 OlOy Hynix kit and my 6000c40 Adata Samsung kit. and only way to recover is bios flashback) are the heart of what ROG, Maximus, Rampage, Extreme, APEX is all about. The reason APEX is perceived as the best is because many of the greatest overclockers use / have used them for competitive benching. I have APEX IX, X, XI, XII, XIII and Z690 as well as Z690-A Strix Gaming Wifi D4 and collector boards such as a New in Box Rampage Extreme plus several benching boards from that era (S775)

I also think that if ASUS can identify what the problem is, such as a faulty component or assembly/soldering work then they are entitled to reimbursment from the company who supplied the product etc. That's what insurance is for, and the reason why as a "Sole Proprietor - Self Employed" worker I was required to carry insurance before I was allowed to step foot in a building like the old Milwaukee Bucks arena to do tile repair work.

Pic of the REX NiB !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Box2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	277.8 KB 
ID:	92588

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	openbox.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	92587

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair X670E Gene
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 7950X
    Memory (part number)F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon RX 6900XT
    MonitorBenQ EX270QM
    Storage #1SK Hynix Platinum P41
    CPU CoolerOptimus AM5 Foundation
    CaseAsus Prime AP201
    Power SupplySeaSonic SSR-1000TR
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 11 Pro

One Motherboard Two Faces: https://www.igorslab.de/en/1-motherb...ptive-core-oc/

Seems I got lucky my Z690 APEX Part No.: 90MB1810-MOAAYO is First Batch,.. and I haven't had any memory OC issues.

I feel bad for all the members that received out of spec boards, and went through all the trouble shooting, testing trying to run memory listed in QVL, and failing.

However it is nice to see Asus agree to RMA the out of spec boards, and solve the issue.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Braegnok View Post
    One Motherboard Two Faces: https://www.igorslab.de/en/1-motherb...ptive-core-oc/

Seems I got lucky my Z690 APEX Part No.: 90MB1810-MOAAYO is First Batch,.. and I haven't had any memory OC issues.

I feel bad for all the members that received out of spec boards, and went through all the trouble shooting, testing trying to run memory listed in QVL, and failing.

However it is nice to see Asus agree to RMA the out of spec boards, and solve the issue.
    It is nice however like other members have said it's sad to see them say that they will be sending us refurbished parts. I bought a brand-new motherboard that never worked and will receive a used one. I have little faith at this point in Asus sadly. The fact that they are hiding information from the community actively is disheartening.

My account of 17 years that paid users were trolling me on stating that I was the problem not the motherboard that made me aggravated for obvious reasons, still goes silenced over at overclock.net. Despite silent scone telling me he has no affiliation with overclock.net he's obviously actively silencing people on here so why would I believe he has no part in that being done on the overclock.net side when he obviously knows people on that site and has for awhile considering his status at Asus and in this forum considering, he's a part of the Asus team.

2+2=4

I still don't have a replacement board or a guestimate as to when I'll be receiving one for that matter. I purchased this motherboard February 10th and have yet to get to play with it.

Seeing as this has been my first purchase of the Apex, despite always wanting one it has been the biggest let down I've experienced through Asus. Also, I'll be getting a refurb yay!! /s

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast