Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Deke06 View Post
    My pleasure. Incidentally, this kit isn't on the QVL for my board either. It was just the first kit I could actually get my hands on.
    Same, first kit I was able to get when DDR5 was a lot harder to come by. Also I wanted something at least at 5600 as anything slower seemed like it wasn't really better than ddr4.

Ironically, I got it in a bundle with a z690 hero but I didn't want to risk the reversed polarity cap issue so returned just the mobo to newegg unopened and grabbed the apex. Feeling like I should've just rocked the hero but I am hoping it's just that they haven't finished testing samsung kits yet.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array rjbarker PC Specs
    rjbarker PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Z690 Apex BIOS 0811
    Processor12900K w EK Velocity 2
    Memory (part number)32 GB DDR5 - Dominator 5600 / Cl36
    Graphics Card #1Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra w EK Vector
    Sound CardOnboard USB Realtek
    MonitorDell Alienware 34" Ultra wide 120Hz Gsync
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 512G M.2 NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2 NVMe
    CPU CoolerEK Velocity 2
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1600i
    OS W11 HP x64 - 21H1
    Accessory #1 480 * 360 * 240 XSPC Radiators (15 Fans) w 4 Channel 200W Fan Controller
    Accessory #2 XSPC Photon Rez / Vario Pump combo
    Accessory #3 Fesser Flex Tubing - Bits Power Fittings & EK SLi Terminal

You guys are putting far too much energy into Apex QVL......has nothing to do with the Memory kits not being listed.

The Apex Board is superior to other Baords....XMP reuires to be tweaked a bit....tons of threads.

Saw one thread wehre someone with an APEX was retruning both kits of 5600 C36 Dominators as "XMP isnt working"....I have exact same kit....booted into XMP fine, but not fully stable, a few minor tweaks and it OC's fine and have it running at 6000 C36.....

Suggest going here to Shaminos OC'ing Thread and have a quick read thru Part 2 "Memory".....in that time that you post stuff about QVL stuff you could have a qiuick read and follow some of the suggestions.....get her up n running....its where I began...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...clocking-Guide

Remember XMP = OC
    I have had other Memory going back to DDR3 that required tweaking after loading the XMP Profile....
    My last GSkill DDR4 4000 Royals required a bit if tweaking on my Maximus XI - Extreme Board as well.....

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
    You guys are putting far too much energy into Apex QVL......has nothing to do with the Memory kits not being listed.

The Apex Board is superior to other Baords....XMP reuires to be tweaked a bit....tons of threads.

Saw one thread wehre someone with an APEX was retruning both kits of 5600 C36 Dominators as "XMP isnt working"....I have exact same kit....booted into XMP fine, but not fully stable, a few minor tweaks and it OC's fine and have it running at 6000 C36.....

Suggest going here to Shaminos OC'ing Thread and have a quick read thru Part 2 "Memory".....in that time that you post stuff about QVL stuff you could have a qiuick read and follow some of the suggestions.....get her up n running....its where I began...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...clocking-Guide

Remember XMP = OC
    I have had other Memory going back to DDR3 that required tweaking after loading the XMP Profile....
    My last GSkill DDR4 4000 Royals required a bit if tweaking on my Maximus XI - Extreme Board as well.....
    I personally have never had issues with XMP profiles being 100% stable using asus products for like a decade. I completely understand what you are saying though. I was just surprised that there is really no samsung dims listed on the QVL for apex but it's all there for the hero board.

I appreciate that link, I will read though it and probably work on getting my sticks to work.

I guess it just seems like after some research that the SK hynix stuff has been more stable for people so I was tempted to get some different sk hynix stuff to make life easier.

Thanks again, I will read though it.

PS. I am still interested to hear why the apex QVL is fairly bare and way lower than a board like the APEX. I am guessing it's just because the hero is a much more mainstream board that probably sells FAR more than the apex and people that get the apex are expected to have to tweak their own stuff. But again, I have never really had issues in the past.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array rjbarker PC Specs
    rjbarker PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Z690 Apex BIOS 0811
    Processor12900K w EK Velocity 2
    Memory (part number)32 GB DDR5 - Dominator 5600 / Cl36
    Graphics Card #1Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra w EK Vector
    Sound CardOnboard USB Realtek
    MonitorDell Alienware 34" Ultra wide 120Hz Gsync
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 512G M.2 NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2 NVMe
    CPU CoolerEK Velocity 2
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1600i
    OS W11 HP x64 - 21H1
    Accessory #1 480 * 360 * 240 XSPC Radiators (15 Fans) w 4 Channel 200W Fan Controller
    Accessory #2 XSPC Photon Rez / Vario Pump combo
    Accessory #3 Fesser Flex Tubing - Bits Power Fittings & EK SLi Terminal

Quote Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
    I personally have never had issues with XMP profiles being 100% stable using asus products for like a decade. I completely understand what you are saying though. I was just surprised that there is really no samsung dims listed on the QVL for apex but it's all there for the hero board.

I appreciate that link, I will read though it and probably work on getting my sticks to work.

I guess it just seems like after some research that the SK hynix stuff has been more stable for people so I was tempted to get some different sk hynix stuff to make life easier.

PS. I am still interested to hear why the apex QVL is fairly bare and way lower than a board like the APEX. I am guessing it's just because the hero is a much more mainstream board that probably sells FAR more than the apex and people that get the apex are expected to have to tweak their own stuff. But again, I have never really had issues in the past.
    That last line makes sense.....everyone and there dog buys a Hero .......lots buy Extreme.....Apex is in its own little world I suppose.....
    I did have a look at the skimpy QVL for Apex, but didnt pay much attention as the Board is so good vs the others for running Memory...particularly Daisy Chain topology (2 Slots).....which Z690 is....for example ..my older Z390 Extreme Board and Z390 chipset is built / designed around T Topology (Data transfer Memory to CPU IMC), whereby 4 DIMMS is better for XMP and OC'ing vs Daisy Chain topology Z690....2 slots is better.... if that makes sense ....Google it, lots out there

On a side note the Dominator 5600 C36 uses Samsung and have proven to be solid for me anyhow....the Dominator kits "pre 5600 C36" were Micron and everything I read stated "not so good"....the latest Domintor 6200 C36 and 6400 C38 are Hynix are supposed to be better than the Samsungs, we shall see as I have a Domintor kit 6200 C36 being delivered soom

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post

Generally speaking 2 DIMM boards are less popular, so memory vendors are less inclined to validate as many kits as possible. That said, as many are now aware the memory topology of the Apex makes overclocking considerably easier.

This does not mean it’s exempt from certain combinations of CPU samples and kits not jiving well with auto rules, or weak memory controllers. XMP hasn't ever guaranteed stability and it certainly doesn't on Z690. Majority of CPU should be able to do 6000 2T, however, adjustments may need to be made. Having never personally experienced an issue before doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist, right? This is no different, and comes down to signal alignment. For most of us, it’s better we accept these things for what they are and tune accordingly.

Some of these voltages are sensitive to change. Each CPU is different, so guides will only get you so far. Sometimes all one can say is it works on my machine if I use X&Y. This isn’t anything new, either. These things have always been there at varying degrees depending on the platform and how ambitious one is when aiming for frequency. On Z690, the window for stability with some of these signal voltages is quite narrow.

To start:

*Bump VDD and VDDQ to 1.35v

*VCCSA 0.98c

MCVDD 1.25 (Extreme Tweaker>Advanced Memory Settings)
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 02-08-2022 at 07:07 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

G.Skill Claims F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5K is QVL for Apex

Quote Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
    That last line makes sense.....everyone and there dog buys a Hero .......lots buy Extreme.....Apex is in its own little world I suppose.....
    I did have a look at the skimpy QVL for Apex, but didnt pay much attention as the Board is so good vs the others for running Memory...particularly Daisy Chain topology (2 Slots).....which Z690 is....for example ..my older Z390 Extreme Board and Z390 chipset is built / designed around T Topology (Data transfer Memory to CPU IMC), whereby 4 DIMMS is better for XMP and OC'ing vs Daisy Chain topology Z690....2 slots is better.... if that makes sense ....Google it, lots out there

On a side note the Dominator 5600 C36 uses Samsung and have proven to be solid for me anyhow....the Dominator kits "pre 5600 C36" were Micron and everything I read stated "not so good"....the latest Domintor 6200 C36 and 6400 C38 are Hynix are supposed to be better than the Samsungs, we shall see as I have a Domintor kit 6200 C36 being delivered soom
    On G.Skill website the F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5K is claimed to be QVL for the Apex

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair X670E Gene
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 7950X
    Memory (part number)CMT32GX5M2B6000Z30K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    MonitorAlienware AW3423DW
    Storage #1Samsung 990 Pro
    CPU CoolerOptimus AM5 Foundation
    CaseNZXT H9 FLOW CM-H91FB-01 (Black)
    Power SupplySeaSonic Prime TX-1600
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 11 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wing_man View Post
    All the other ROG motherboards have the F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5K on their QVL except the Apex. The Apex should be the one motherboard that should be able to run any ram. If it can't, I want my money back!!!!!
    Anything above 4800MHz is OC,.. you need to understand DDR5 is new, does not OC like DDR4.

With DDR5 If you don't know fundamentals of overclocking memory and want plug & play your going to have a rough go running the high frequency memory kits.

I have the Asus Z690 Apex, I didn't buy the Apex to run XMP or pre-loaded memory profiles.

I can run any DDR5 memory kit. Does not matter Micron, Samsung, or SK Hynix ICs.
    Last edited by Braegnok; 02-10-2022 at 12:51 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I might upgrade my setup to Z790 and skip Z690
    ----~> Skipping Z690 [ because a lot of complaina nd complete new generation most vendors facing issue in stability and support stuff you will see much more stability OC' starting with Z790 ending to Z890

Scenario here Z890 ----~> will have much more ability to OC With Advanced GDDR5x Memory and Much more support for Fully Support X16-PCIE5.0 256Gbps-Support
    Z790 ----~> will have accepted OC and more stability than Z690

Please be patient don't rush in Things Z690 is just introduce new technologies and more unlocked hardware stuff like RAMS DDR5 advanced and PCIE5.o and bandwidth plus lane

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Braegnok View Post
    I haven't had any XMP 1 profiles that were plug & play, fully stable. You need to make adjustments for stability.

6400MHz kit:
    Attachment 92079

2000% Karu stable:
    Attachment 92080

Manually adjusting frequency to 6600MHz CL32 also no issues.
    Attachment 92081

I see a lot of folks on this site and other forums talking trash about Apex Z690 DDR5 memory combability, you all need to do research, testing and learn how to use all the settings in your BIOS if your going to OC your memory.

Open your mind, and learn how to adjust BIOS memory settings, or run your DDR5 memory @ default 4800MHz.

Anything above 4800MHz is OC,.. your knowledge of BIOS settings, CPU IMC will determine your ability to run above 4800MHz stable.
    I have never had to make any adjustment with my Hero X. I just enabled xmp and it worked. I even added two more G.Skill ram modules of a different batch but same speed and it worked. 3200 cl 14 ddr4.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by wing_man View Post
    I have never had to make any adjustment with my Hero X. I just enabled xmp and it worked. I even added two more G.Skill ram modules of a different batch but same speed and it worked. 3200 cl 14 ddr4.
    Yea same, always had ASUS hero boards before this, last one was ASUS Z390/9900k and never had to mess around besides just enabling XMP. Just built a friend a PC, 12700k but with ddr4 and just had to enable xmp, zero issues.

I understand what everyone is saying and I am ok to mess around and adjust timings if that is what is needed. I am just simply saying that in the past I have never had that be an issue or my experience.

I guess time to start learning more about memory timings

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast