Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by wing_man View Post
    On G.Skill website the F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5K is claimed to be QVL for the Apex
    Now that you mention this I remember seeing that after I bought the kit. Kind of a bummer that it doesn't work well then. I am still half tempted to get some sk hynix based stuff but don't really feel like dishing out another few hundred bucks over my current kit and then having to sell this kit.

Anyway, some good advice in here so thank you all.

PS. I will try some of the basic settings from some of the guides in here and see how things go. I will update my progress and hopefully be able to get these kits stable at 6000.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
    Now that you mention this I remember seeing that after I bought the kit. Kind of a bummer that it doesn't work well then. I am still half tempted to get some sk hynix based stuff but don't really feel like dishing out another few hundred bucks over my current kit and then having to sell this kit.

Anyway, some good advice in here so thank you all.

PS. I will try some of the basic settings from some of the guides in here and see how things go. I will update my progress and hopefully be able to get these kits stable at 6000.
    I have the exact same kit except mine is the RBG set. I'm running the Z690 Hero and I don't think the bios is fully flushed out yet for 2 reasons. 1 CPU-Z doesn't read the SPD info half the time and 2 it's fully missing the XMP 3 profiles.

XMP 3 is supposed to offer a 3rd factory XMP profile along with 2 more custom profles you are able to save your own settings in and rename. These are not showing/available and it only shows XMP 1 & 2. This tells me the bios/compatibility isn't fully there just yet with the new DDR 5 XMP 3 memory.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Phroste View Post
    I have the exact same kit except mine is the RBG set. I'm running the Z690 Hero and I don't think the bios is fully flushed out yet for 2 reasons. 1 CPU-Z doesn't read the SPD info half the time and 2 it's fully missing the XMP 3 profiles.

XMP 3 is supposed to offer a 3rd factory XMP profile along with 2 more custom profles you are able to save your own settings in and rename. These are not showing/available and it only shows XMP 1 & 2. This tells me the bios/compatibility isn't fully there just yet with the new DDR 5 XMP 3 memory.
    I think XMP I and XMP II or just different modes in the bios as far as enabling XMP if I recall. I think I gives the motherboard more "auto" control and XMP II is full XMP timings but I could be wrong.

I know what you are saying though. XMP 3.0 spec is supposed to have a bunch of timings on there and room to store additional profiles. No idea how to do that yet.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
    I think XMP I and XMP II or just different modes in the bios as far as enabling XMP if I recall. I think I gives the motherboard more "auto" control and XMP II is full XMP timings but I could be wrong.

I know what you are saying though. XMP 3.0 spec is supposed to have a bunch of timings on there and room to store additional profiles. No idea how to do that yet.
    You are correct in regards to XMP 1 & 2; however, there is supposed to be a 3rd XMP profile/option along with 2 more custom profiles like so

"XMP 3.0 will be introduced alongside DDR5 memory modules and increases the number of available factory profiles up from two to three. You can also add two personalized ones."

Take this MSI Bios for instance, you can see the 3 XMP profiles along with the 2 custom profiles you're able to save and rename.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSI_SnapShot_00.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	92087

Nothing like that is currently available in the ASUS Bios...it's just Manual/XMP1/XMP2

ROG Member Array

ROG Member Array

Tactical Donut

Agreed, XMP is technically overclocking but should be set, forgot and stable if running the intended out of box timings and rated speeds. Period. Prior to Z690, and over many prior builds I have never had to tweak included XMP profiles for even base level stability like I have this time. XMP is well understood (and until now) I have found it to be well implemented across multiple generations with zero prior problems.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Generally speaking 2 DIMM boards are less popular, so memory vendors are less inclined to validate as many kits as possible. That said, as many are now aware the memory topology of the Apex makes overclocking considerably easier.

This does not mean it’s exempt from certain combinations of CPU samples and kits not jiving well with auto rules, or weak memory controllers. XMP hasn't ever guaranteed stability and it certainly doesn't on Z690. Majority of CPU should be able to do 6000 2T, however, adjustments may need to be made. Having never personally experienced an issue before doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist, right? This is no different, and comes down to signal alignment. For most of us, it’s better we accept these things for what they are and tune accordingly.

Some of these voltages are sensitive to change. Each CPU is different, so guides will only get you so far. Sometimes all one can say is it works on my machine if I use X&Y. This isn’t anything new, either. These things have always been there at varying degrees depending on the platform and how ambitious one is when aiming for frequency. On Z690, the window for stability with some of these signal voltages is quite narrow.

To start:

*Bump VDD and VDDQ to 1.35v

*VCCSA 0.98c

MCVDD 1.25 (Extreme Tweaker>Advanced Memory Settings)
    So I can find VDD and VDDQ easy enough, I am not seeing the other two. What units are the VCCSA in, the "c"?

Am I missing something? Is MCVDD the memory controller voltage?

Name:	IMG_4979.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	932.6 KB 
ID:	92089

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

MSI ahead of others

Quote Originally Posted by Phroste View Post
    You are correct in regards to XMP 1 & 2; however, there is supposed to be a 3rd XMP profile/option along with 2 more custom profiles like so

"XMP 3.0 will be introduced alongside DDR5 memory modules and increases the number of available factory profiles up from two to three. You can also add two personalized ones."

Take this MSI Bios for instance, you can see the 3 XMP profiles along with the 2 custom profiles you're able to save and rename.

Name:	MSI_SnapShot_00.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	92087

Nothing like that is currently available in the ASUS Bios...it's just Manual/XMP1/XMP2

Looks like MSI is way ahead of the other motherboard manufacturers. The MEG Z690 UNIFY-X has a ton of ram on its QVL.
    Buildzoid said on his channel the UNIFY-X was the only bios that worked properly when he tested the two slot boards,

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by wing_man View Post
    Looks like MSI is way ahead of the other motherboard manufacturers. The MEG Z690 UNIFY-X has a ton of ram on its QVL.
    Buildzoid said on his channel the UNIFY-X was the only bios that worked properly when he tested the two slot boards,
    Ironic as I believe he was the one who got me interested in the apex and I think he even bought one for himself lol.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array rjbarker PC Specs
    rjbarker PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Z690 Apex BIOS 0811
    Processor12900K w EK Velocity 2
    Memory (part number)32 GB DDR5 - Dominator 5600 / Cl36
    Graphics Card #1Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra w EK Vector
    Sound CardOnboard USB Realtek
    MonitorDell Alienware 34" Ultra wide 120Hz Gsync
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 512G M.2 NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2 NVMe
    CPU CoolerEK Velocity 2
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1600i
    OS W11 HP x64 - 21H1
    Accessory #1 480 * 360 * 240 XSPC Radiators (15 Fans) w 4 Channel 200W Fan Controller
    Accessory #2 XSPC Photon Rez / Vario Pump combo
    Accessory #3 Fesser Flex Tubing - Bits Power Fittings & EK SLi Terminal

You guys absolutely positive that screen shot isnt showing 2 x XMP Profiles at the bottom (as in I & II) with 3 x custom profiles at the top..?...Im not familiar with that UEFI...could simply be

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast