Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Moderator Array

Hi Log!cal,
    How do you check the headphone impendence sensing is around 300 ohms?
    Is the HyperX Cloud Alpha 2 headset around 300 ohms or other headsets with 3.5mm aux plugs also around 300 ohms?
    If you have the mic plugged into rear panel and headphones plugged into front panel, is it still around 300 ohms?
    Thank you.

ROG Member Array

Hi

The realtek audio control panel shows me the impedance sensor. It is currently sat at 120ohms in the front panel connector after just switching on my computer after 24 hours. I unplugged the mic and unplugged the headset, when i plugged the headset back in to the front panel it went to 300ohms. I unplugged it again and plugged into rear panel and it read 120ohms.

My second headset (budget ADX headset) is reading 38 ohms in the front panel connector and 38 ohms in the rear panel connector.

Plugging in just the splitter cable (4 pole to 2 3 pole separate mic/headset 3.5mm connectors) without the headset connected shows me over 1000ohms. I swapped over the splitter cables from each headset and now the HyperX Alpha 2 is reading 38 ohms in the front connector and 120 ohms in the rear connector with the cheaper and shorter splitter cable from my second headset. The cheaper headset (ADX budget) is still reading
    38ohms both front and back with the longer hyperx splitter cable. Weired

So i put the original hyperx splitter cable back with the hyperxx headset and plug it into front panel. It is now reading 38 ohms in the front panel connector and 120 ohms in the rear (mind blown) at this point i would say the impedance sensor is very intermittent.

I played audio through my headset whilst it read 38 ohms. Seemed to be louder than normal, unplugged the headset from front oanel and plugged it back in.. ohms go back to 120 ohms.

At this point im considering buying a standalone headset such as the Beyerdynamics dt 770s and a standalone mic.

Also worth noting is that if i plug my headset into the rear connectors they are seen as speakers rather than headphones and as a result spatial sound such as Dolby Atmos or DTS headphones are not available.
    Last edited by Log!cal; 04-18-2022 at 08:42 PM.

Moderator Array

Hi Log!cal,
    Spatial Sound is the 3D audio supported by Windows system. Therefore, Spatial Sound can only be supported by 2-channel headphone.
    The Spatial Sound for Headphone function is only available for devices that are installed in AAFP or USB port.
    For audio crosstalk issue, have you tried the 3.5mm headphone below and plugged it only to the rear or the front connector without splitter cable but still hear the windows music in windows sound recorder?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	下載.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	92736
    Thank you.

ROG Member Array

I havent tried a standard set of headphones without integrated mic. But if I dont plug the mic into the socket next to headphones there is no crosstalk. Crosstalk is only there when mic is plugged in next to the headset connector.

Moderator Array

Hi Log!cal,
    Are there two 3.5mm cable of your headset, and one for mic and one for headphone function?
    May I have the following information?
    - a video when you replicate it with windows sound recorder
    - a photo about which ports you connect the mic and headphone in
    - screenshots about your windows and audio settings
    Thank you.
    Last edited by STARRAIN@ROG; 04-19-2022 at 07:14 AM.

ROG Member Array

Hi STARRAIN

Yes there are two 3.5mm plugs. One for mic and one for headset. The other end is a single 3.5mm female connector for the 4 pole 3.5mm Male connector coming from the headset. I will PM you the requested videos Nd photos later as I'm currently in work.

Regards

Moderator Array

Hi Log!cal,
    Look forward to your PM.
    Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3