cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Hero RAM RGB

Laserkari
Level 7
Assembled new PC. Custom loop with EK active backplate etc. But Only one of my RAM modules show up in Aura-sync (Armoury crate). Is there some setting needed to able sync it too?
6 REPLIES 6

Jimbo93
Level 12
Laserkari wrote:
Assembled new PC. Custom loop with EK active backplate etc. But Only one of my RAM modules show up in Aura-sync (Armoury crate). Is there some setting needed to able sync it too?

What is the specific RAM? might make a difference for how to resolve. And I do not know all the RAM solutions. It would be nice if Asus could provide advice for different RAM type. Or someone could try and start such a list. Edit: I see you have it in your forum profile,

The kit is: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 BK C36 DC - 32GB F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK

BIOS version 1003

Laserkari wrote:
The kit is: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 BK C36 DC - 32GB F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK

BIOS version 1003

Look here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127306-Is-G-Skill-Z5-RGB-going-to-be-supported&p=853289&hi...

Thanks,

But this did not resolve my issue. The RGB for module installed in B2 slot still remains static. Even the G-skill software can't control it, or even turn the leds off. It just stays as in the pic, a mix of green and yellow, some red.. The module in A2 slot works as expected. Guess I'll swap the sticks install location and see what the result is.. I did initially boot the system with only one module installed, should not be a issue but you never know. Any BIOS settings have effect on this? Remember some earlier motherboards had some in there which had effect on RGB. Other than that the module works, XMP on, 1.4V voltage and runs with memory tester up to 70°C without errors

Laserkari wrote:
Thanks,

But this did not resolve my issue. The RGB for module installed in B2 slot still remains static. Even the G-skill software can't control it, or even turn the leds off. It just stays as in the pic, a mix of green and yellow, some red.. The module in A2 slot works as expected. Guess I'll swap the sticks install location and see what the result is.. I did initially boot the system with only one module installed, should not be a issue but you never know. Any BIOS settings have effect on this? Remember some earlier motherboards had some in there which had effect on RGB. Other than that the module works, XMP on, 1.4V voltage and runs with memory tester up to 70°C without errors

There might be some useful info here, the top part not so much, more interesting scroll a page or two. https://www.onecomputerguy.com/g-skill-trident-z-rgb-software-not-working

Jimbo93 wrote:
There might be some useful info here, the top part not so much, more interesting scroll a page or two. https://www.onecomputerguy.com/g-skill-trident-z-rgb-software-not-working

Thanks for the links and support. Very usefull information there. My issue was resolved just by shutting down, pulling the dram modules and inserting them again, in to opposite slots and it now they are correctly detected by armoury crate. Maybe it was after all caused by my initial start up with just one module..