New ROGer Array

ArmoryCrate breaks sleep, restart, shutdown and creating restore points

BTW my motherboard is Asus Rog Strix B550f. As I was trying to search for how to fix my sleep problem i found that ArmoryCrate had caused asleep to break on another asus MB

Sleep used to work very well - my desktop would automatically go to sleep (as per my setting) OR by manually selecting sleep in power button. - with CPU and case fan (connected to PSU not motherboard) both shutting down and my case's sleep light blinking; and it would wake up on touching my keyboard (as I had configured it). I was happy.

After installing ArmoryCrate 3 problems were created:

My desktop would attempt to go to sleep and the screens would become blank but the CPU and Case fan (connect to PSU) would not shut down. WORSE: I could NOT bring the computer out of sleep by clicking the keyboard. I had to power cycle the desktop.

I check all bios settings and they were all fine.

2) Even restarting from a running state took very long - the restarting spinning wheel would keep on going. I often walked away and it had restarted but I think it timed out because once in a while I saw the "new blue screen of death saying ... something went wrong and it must restart.

3) Even shutting down was a problem - it would spin for a while and then sometimes reboot (I think because of the timeout as described above for restart) and sometimes it would shutdown.

4) I could not create restore points - the creation of restore point would hang and the onloy way around was restart!!

The above 4 problems got fixed as soon as I removed armory crate - I had download Asus's uninstall tool as doing uninstall from "add/remove programs" menu did not work. Indeed as part of removing ArmoryCrate it did mess up my AMD display driver and had to go into safe mode to fix it.

I was not using armoryCrate for anything special but check when new versions of drivers were available and to check CPU usage, temp etc.

So so happy to get rid of ArmoryCrate - wasted so much time trying to figure out what had messed up my sleep, restart and shutdown features.
    Last edited by fooBarSrr; 02-16-2022 at 12:52 AM. Reason: typos, adding more info

New ROGer Array Jimbo93 PC Specs
    Jimbo93 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ABS Master Gaming PC
    MotherboardASUS Prime B560M-A AC
    ProcessorINTEL i5 10400F
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-16GVKB x 2
    Graphics Card #1ASUS DUAL-RTX3060TI-O8G-V2
    Sound CardRealTek HD
    MonitorSAMSUNG 40" LCD
    Storage #1INTEL 660p NVMe SSD PEKNW512GB
    CPU CoolerTHERMALTAKE UX100 ARGB
    CaseTUF GAMING GT301
    Power SupplyASUS TUF GAMING BRONZE 650W
    Keyboard TUF GAMING K1
    Mouse TUF GAMING M3
    Headset/Speakers Cambridge Works PC
    OS Win 11 Pro 21H2 22000.652
    Accessory #1 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.652.0

Armoury Crate updates recently broke some systems and it seems to be heavy on the AMD side. And the behavior you described can only be called broken.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by fooBarSrr View Post
    BTW my motherboard is Asus Rog Strix B550f. As I was trying to search for how to fix my sleep problem i found that ArmoryCrate had caused asleep to break on another asus MB

Sleep used to work very well - my desktop would automatically go to sleep (as per my setting) OR by manually selecting sleep in power button. - with CPU and case fan (connected to PSU not motherboard) both shutting down and my case's sleep light blinking; and it would wake up on touching my keyboard (as I had configured it). I was happy.

After installing ArmoryCrate 3 problems were created:

My desktop would attempt to go to sleep and the screens would become blank but the CPU and Case fan (connect to PSU) would not shut down. WORSE: I could NOT bring the computer out of sleep by clicking the keyboard. I had to power cycle the desktop.

I check all bios settings and they were all fine.

The above 4 problems got fixed as soon as I removed armory crate - I had download Asus's uninstall tool as doing uninstall from "add/remove programs" menu did not work. Indeed as part of removing ArmoryCrate it did mess up my AMD display driver and had to go into safe mode to fix it.

I was not using armoryCrate for anything special but check when new versions of drivers were available and to check CPU usage, temp etc.

So so happy to get rid of ArmoryCrate - wasted so much time trying to figure out what had messed up my sleep, restart and shutdown features.

The first sleep problem you are describing is the one Ive been experiencing since I bought my Rog Strix G15 6 months ago but it only happens while charging. When is on battery, the sleep problems are gone. I also found out that the software that is casuing this, is Armoury Crate.
    I uninstalled it some days ago and the sleep mode works smoothlessly while charging and on battery. The thing is that I lost the feature of changing the power plans Silence, PErformance and Turbo. Im no longer able of tweaking the keyboard rgb lights, and last, all the monitoring info is lost. I think is a good program but its currently broken for some users. Dont know why.

I have also tried tweaking the advanced power options and compared what is happening when the laptop is on battery and charging, but havent found what is considerately different. Something is preveting my laptop to sleep while is charging and I have been a long time searching the answer with no sucess, its been a pain in the ass.

The only solution is that when Im leaving my office or home, I have to first unplug it, and then put it to sleep either by closing the lid or manually.

I also have made some tests, I put it on sleep while on battery, and in the moment i plug in the charger, the computer wakes up and never goes to sleep.

Please please, if someone has experienced the same thing and has a fix, post it.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74 PC Specs
    sdmf74 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    MotherboardMAXIMUS IX FORMULA
    ProcessorI7 7700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980TI K|NGP|N
    Graphics Card #2N/A
    Graphics Card #3N/A
    Graphics Card #4N/A
    Sound CardON BOARD
    MonitorASUS PG279Q, BENQ XL2420TE, HISENSE 55H9F
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 512GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1TB, SAMSUNG 850 PRO 512GB, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK VELOCITY RGB
    CaseCASELABS MERLIN SM8 (2 TONE)
    Power SupplyEVGA 1300G2 SUPERNOVA
    Keyboard WOOTING ONE, DUCKY ONE TKL RGB
    Mouse LOGITECH G PRO HERO
    Headset SENNHESIER G4ME ZERO
    Mouse Pad REFLEX LAB XXXL
    Headset/Speakers KLIPSCH PRO MEDIA 2.1
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC86U, ASUS RT-AC68U

Anybody found a workaround to make the PC go to sleep with Armory Crate installed.
    Asus won't fix their software for some reason smh
    ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA & EK BLOCK, G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB
    EVGA supernova 1300G2, EK Velocity D-RGB, Samsung 980 Pro 1tb(OS), 970 evo plus 1tb, 850 EVO 1tb, 860 Evo 1tb, 850 Pro 512gb,
    Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Hisense 55H9F, Windows 11 pro