cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modern ASUS Realtek Audio is so very frustrating

GettnBetter
Level 9
Why do all my modern ASUS motherboards with Realtek Audio not work? The Armory crate basically installs broken drivers.

As much as I struggle, I have to thank MoKiChU for dedication to providing working drivers but OMG. Every flippin time I come to this or any modern ASUS I have ever worked with in the past 5 years, why doesn't the audio work?

This particular Z490-E has audio issues now, again! I just fixed the stupid thing last week and I've booted the PC only 3 times since then. Every 3 or 4 months the Realtek audio console stops working. Windows seems to forget I have 7.1 or 5.1 speakers and is stuck in stereo. Another ASUS Z390 has the same problems. Yet another ASUS Z690 has the same issues. This is really quite annoying and is becoming a joke of monumental proportions.

Why does my Realtek audio control work one day and the next show Can not connect to RPC service?

Why does the audio correction not work by default from the armory crate?

Why does the audio correction constantly reset to stereo?
8 REPLIES 8

GettnBetter
Level 9
Still yet more frustration. Not really getting any answers to any questions. Another issue has come up. What is the crossover frequency for the bass redirection in the Realtek drivers? I don't find any way to set this, it's hidden or missing. I never had any of these issues with past ASUS motherboards before Supreme Audio FX. Anyone know how to change the crossover frequency?

Saltgrass
Level 13
Why are you using Armory Crate? I never use the OEM supplied utilities.

I have a Z490 and Z590 and the audio is fine.

Supreme FX is not on either one of my boards. If you have it, where did you get it?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

GettnBetter
Level 9
Both the Z490 and Z590 boards have the Supreme FX Audio CODEC S1220A. The prime board calls it the Crystal Sound 3. It's still the same basic Realtek audio chip. My issue is the drivers supplied and the downloadable drivers do not support room correction. I use all 6 audio plugs for 7.1 audio. All ASUS boards I've used all the way back to the Z390 have the same problems. Plus, my latest issue is there seems to be no way to set the LFE crossover frequency. I just don't understand why the drivers don't have these basic features and require such a complicated procedure to install the correct drivers.

GettnBetter wrote:
Both the Z490 and Z590 boards have the Supreme FX Audio CODEC S1220A. The prime board calls it the Crystal Sound 3. It's still the same basic Realtek audio chip. My issue is the drivers supplied and the downloadable drivers do not support room correction. I use all 6 audio plugs for 7.1 audio. All ASUS boards I've used all the way back to the Z390 have the same problems. Plus, my latest issue is there seems to be no way to set the LFE crossover frequency. I just don't understand why the drivers don't have these basic features and require such a complicated procedure to install the correct drivers.

Sorry, but I don't have a way to test the 7.1 situation.

I have a 2.1 system and two 5.1 systems and the subwoofers on all three have bandpass adjustments on the subwoofer. That is usually where the crossover network is located.

I looked up the Z490-E and Z590-E and it appears the Z490 has Supreme FX8 audio but the Z590 board just shows the Supreme FX Shielding technology.

I was a little surprised when I found out the Hero Z490 and Z590 boards use different versions of Realtek audio. I would suspect there were also differences in your two boards. But I don't have the knowledge to discuss differences in actual audio chipsets and amplifiers.

Maybe someone who has that exact board, since my Hero boards appear to be different, will come along to help.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

alejoz
Level 7
GettnBetter wrote:
Why do all my modern ASUS motherboards with Realtek Audio not work? The Armory crate basically installs broken drivers.

As much as I struggle, I have to thank MoKiChU for dedication to providing working drivers but OMG. Every flippin time I come to this or any modern ASUS I have ever worked with in the past 5 years, why doesn't the audio work?

This particular Z490-E has audio issues now, again! I just fixed the stupid thing last week and I've booted the PC only 3 times since then. Every 3 or 4 months the Realtek audio console stops working. Windows seems to forget I have 7.1 or 5.1 speakers and is stuck in stereo. Another ASUS Z390 has the same problems. Yet another ASUS Z690 has the same issues. This is really quite annoying and is becoming a joke of monumental proportions.

Why does my Realtek audio control work one day and the next show Can not connect to RPC service?

Why does the audio correction not work by default from the armory crate?

Why does the audio correction constantly reset to stereo?

Same here men, just get a DAC and 0 worries

alejoz wrote:
Same here men, just get a DAC and 0 worries

I am seriously considering this. Modern Realtek chipsets with their lack of basic functionality is driving me nuts. There's so few of us non-headphone users I often wonder why ASUS even puts any analog ports on their MOBO's lately. What DAC options are available? Back in the day I always went with Creative Labs.

The audio is a nightmare with ASUS and Windows. I have a audioengine D1 DAC connected with optical and between the BenQ monitor audio, Sonic Studio, Nahimic, and multiple Realtek USB drivers I end up with 5+ drivers I have to disable and delete only to come back again and again.

Malakie
Level 7
Add me to this list.. I am sick and tired of ASUS IGNORING this issue too, enough so that I am no longer going to buy ASUS boards because of it. They cost a premium compared to other products and while they might be considered one of the better brands, at this point I no longer believe that because of their complete and utter lack of support for the audio side... WHICH IS one of the most important aspects of a board.

And there are a whole lot more of us that DO NOT USE HEADPHONES than I think people realize.
Take it light....

Malakie