cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) Beta BIOS 4002 - Released 2022/02/09

meerkat154
Level 7
Anyone having issues with this new BETA BIOS? Windows 11 boots to main screen then instant BSOD.
Reset the BIOS defaults with no luck.
Thanks,
Kat
5 REPLIES 5

Fyrelor
Level 8
I have had no issues, have been running it since it was released. Same motherboard as you.

Does your problem get resolved if you roll back to an older version? So it only happens with 4002?

Fyrelor wrote:
I have had no issues, have been running it since it was released. Same motherboard as you.

Does your problem get resolved if you roll back to an older version? So it only happens with 4002?

Rolled back to 3904 and Win11 still reboots at splash screen. Not sure what happened. Installing 4002 again and if it happens again I guess it's reformat time. No big deal since only games on this setup.

Edit: Reformat is not working now either - goes through install then after first reboot pops up with window "Windows 11 install error the computer restarted unexpectedly" . No idea what is go on now. Rolled back to 3904 with defaults. 😞

Solved: Had WIFI 6e card install that is defective. I removed the card with 4002 BIOS and system runs smooth.
-Kat

ManMountain
Level 9
I experienced first system freeze this morning since upgrading to 4002 a few days ago. PC has never frozen since I put it together, hopefully a one off.

Though also have installed latest NVIDIA GeForce 511.79 drivers, equally possible those were responsible.

Id be leary of this... Second account saying the same thing... Seems like a bot or scam account... Moderates need to ban...

Same exact person... Multiple accounts...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128907-Crosshair-VIII-Formula-BIOS-Update-Issues/page2#pos... Post #12

JamesHammer wrote:
Thanks, I will surely join the group.

J_Bish
Level 10