cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Extreme OLED issue

Djlild7hina
Level 7
Does anyone else have issues with the OLED screen crashing? If I go back to Armoury Crate and selecting another preset animation it comes back but it's kind of annoying that it randomly stops working for a bit. I'm on the latest BIOS with all updates installed.
14 REPLIES 14

JcRabbit
Level 10
Djlild7hina wrote:
Does anyone else have issues with the OLED screen crashing? If I go back to Armoury Crate and selecting another preset animation it comes back but it's kind of annoying that it randomly stops working for a bit. I'm on the latest BIOS with all updates installed.

Happening to me on an Extreme board too. If I have the OLED displaying CPU temp, etc, eventually it will crash, with weird lines appearing in the OLED screen. First time I saw that I thought the screen was broken or something.

Selecting one of the built in animation loops, however, does not crash the screen EVER. I smell a software issue.

JcRabbit wrote:
Happening to me on an Extreme board too. If I have the OLED displaying CPU temp, etc, eventually it will crash, with weird lines appearing in the OLED screen. First time I saw that I thought the screen was broken or something.

Selecting one of the built in animation loops, however, does not crash the screen EVER. I smell a software issue.

Yup agreed. I think I only see it when I play games. If i'm just browsing or not doing anything super intensive it works fine

Hi there, I've had this issue with my z690 extreme bought on early February this year. I sent it to RMA through the store I bought it from here in Brazil (Pichau) and had a though time getting a replacement since they told me they were out of stock. Ended up having to buy from another store and was completely focused on monitoring the OLED display. Happens it worked fine with the second board however after a few days (don't know which specific event such as validating Windows or such) it started displaying the same issue. Image is off the display, appearing just at the corner and glitchy. I didnt even touch the display and it started out working perfectly, so I'm thinking it's a software issue and hoping it will be solved soon once more people report it and Asus takes action.

TSportM
Level 11
same problem here Z690 Maximus extreme
Rig1 - 14900K - P115 - E88- Pcore 5.9/6.2/6.3 Asus Z690 Maximus Extreme - Ecores 4.7 - 48GB TForce 7200#64;7400ddr5 - MSI Suprim X RTX 4090@3070mhz - 24gb memory speed - Powerby corsair Ax1500i - Corsair1000d@custom Loop Rig2- 10920X@4.9 - Aorus X299 gaming 9 - gskill 3200@3600 - Zotac RTX 2080Ti - Powerby CM1200 - Noctua NHD15 black - Corsair 900D

Republic_of_Pax
Level 8
Same Problem Z690 Extreme on latest Bios. I will add that i had the same issue on my Rog Maximus Formula z490 when it was new, took about 6 months for Asus to release a bios update that also flashed the Firmware for the LiveDash Oled and it worked perfectly moving fwd.

Same problem with my ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME

No solution for this yet ? I am also having this problem... and as far as I can see more or less all users are having this problem.... I am pretty sure that this could be fixed with a SW / Firmware update.... so ASUS what are you waiting to fix this or at least to give us info about this problem ?

Thanks !

I am having a similar issue with my Z790 Extreme motherboard
* The OLED was not working at all and after couple of turning off and on the PC from the power supply
*The OLED Shows white and black dot all over the area
And when I turned off and on the PC it just went to straight blank OLED

96201Â*