Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

As far as I can see is a general problem.... and is happening also now for z790 users as well as for other MB as i can see all over internet.... some people is having the same problem even after a RMA.... so What's the point ? is a general HW failure ? this is strange.... SW/FW ? maybe.... anyone of you have been in contact because of this ? is there anything we can do ? a RMA is so traumatic since we have to stay without PC for weeks..... and the risk to break any other component during the process...

ASUS please give us info for this ! is a big issue and there are many people involved !!
    Last edited by Istartth; 11-13-2022 at 11:43 PM.

New ROGer Array

I have tried to try to identify If it is a HW problem or a SW problem.... so I have tried to start from the begining:
    - I have fully removed iCUE (clean 100% using Corsair Guide)
    - I have fully removed Armory Crate (clean 100% using Asus Tool and forums guide)
    - I have switched to secondary bios 0230 (Initial BIOS) but windows 11 forced me to update the secondary bios to version 1720

With this setup Matrix and OLED are both working with default hardware effects for one full day (Before this my OLED screen was never working for more than 1 or 2 hours...

Then I have clean reinstall last iCUE4 version.

With this setup Matrix and OLED are still both working with default hardware effects for one full day (Before this my OLED screen was never working for more than 1 or 2 hours...

Tomorrow I will reinstall armory crate... If it is still working (I doubt it.... then the problem is FW/BIOS... If it starts failing again... then the problem is Armory Crate ! In any case seems that this is NOT a HW problem....

I will give you news tomorrow.

See you !!

New ROGer Array

It has failed right know with no setup changes.... but there is something different.... TEMPERATURE !!! OLED panel have just stopped while I was playing Plague Tale Requiem... Armoury Crate was not installed... so my conclusions for ASUS is that high interior temperature is the reason why the OLED panel goes black....

ASUS....... did you use bad components quality that cannot work under load / high temperature ?

At this point possibilities are:

- OLED Panel FW
    - OLED Panel HW (Probably all MB affected... Bad components ? Maybe max operative temperature is under normal load temperature)

ASUS.... Can you please give us some support with this ?

Best Regards,

Istarth
    Last edited by Istartth; 11-14-2022 at 11:25 PM.

New ROGer Array

Angry

On my very expensive Z790 Extreme the Oled never worked

RMA it's out of the question because i need the PC and its too much work to dissamble the whole Water Cooling

I asked Asus if its Possible to RMA only the M.2 Heatsink with the Oled on it but the answer was no so i must live with the Broken Oled

It's inacceptable that so Expensive Boards have that Issue so often in my opinion

ROG Member Array

I have the same on my Maximus Z690 Extreme. The animations work fine since day one, but the hardware monitor will crash after some time. I have had all the bios versions, made no difference.
    My guess is that this is done with the lightingservice from AC. And that service is very unstable. I have problems with the RGB on my gskill RAM since day one. Most of the time after cold reboot one of the 2 modules has the RGB stuck. More than a year later and several posts about it, and still not fixed...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2