cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage III Black Edition - CPU LED ON - Error FF

PSAI76
Level 7
Hi all,

I'm Stuck with this issue... my MB work for 3 days, on the 4 day while turning on the pc don´t boot.
Got some FF Error on the Display and the CPU Led It's on. Need some Help becouse just try pretty much everything.
Thks

Dark Power Pro -1200 W
12 Gb Corsair Dominator
i7-990x
Geforce GTX 580 SLI
14 REPLIES 14

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello

Was your motherboard brand new? Or did you buy it from someone else second hand.
Was your PC overclocked?
What BIOS are you using?
Did you do a Clear CMOS?

We should be able to work this out. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks for replying.

My board it's brand new. No over-clocking. Stock Bios. Already clear CMOS and remove battery without any result.
Already checked both power connectors 24 and 8 pins.

Radiant_mind
Level 9
Try booting on one stick of memory and unplug hard drive(s) for now to see if it will POST.
i7-3820 @ 5.0Ghz - RIVF - 32GB Kingston @1866 - Gigabyte Radeon 7970 x2 - Cosair Force GT 240GB x2 (RAID 0) - WD 2TB 7200 (RAID 1)

Hi, finished trying that with no results.
Just to report another symptom that i forgot earlier, when i turn on the pc after a couple of seconds (maybe 10) the board restart by it self ...
But in the second time this behavior doesn't happen. Don't know if it helps though.

Radiant_mind
Level 9
Is this a brand new power supply? Are you 100% sure its a good PSU? Strange that it worked fine for 3 days and then stopped.
i7-3820 @ 5.0Ghz - RIVF - 32GB Kingston @1866 - Gigabyte Radeon 7970 x2 - Cosair Force GT 240GB x2 (RAID 0) - WD 2TB 7200 (RAID 1)

The Whole Story.... sorry for my english. I bought the all pc brand new in a store. I had this error that i'm describing from the start. I send back the board to the store with the cpu. They told me about some problem with the pins in the cpu socket. So we send the board to change the socket in Czech Republic (They told me with Asus (Portugal) Knowledge. Took 6 months to get the board back and i paid for the service. I install it and everything was ok for 3 days (the pc worked perfectly) and now this happened. Already talk to the store and they sent a mail to Asus friday. But i'm freaking out because to much time without pc.

The_Nemesis
Level 10
What cooling is being used? Perhaps too much mount pressure?
Praetor
» i7 990X 3101A239
» Asus Rampage III Black Edition
» Asus GTX 470 & 570 Tri-SLI or Three Sapphire 5850's CFX
» 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF
» Corsiar Force Series 180GB
» CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W
» Microcool Banchetto 101
Defiant
» G74SX » 16GB ram » Corsiar Force Series 180GB » 750GB Seagate » Blu-ray

Water Cooling - EK Supreme HF

Sorry for the "Captcha" above. Ignore it please.