cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Router Question

basmastersix
Level 7
Good afternoon everyone,

I have a brand new ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Router that I have setup, and customized to my liking. That said, the Internet speeds that I am pulling from my Gaming Desktop are the best that I have ever seen, however, when I run the same Speedtest from within the router's user interface, I see a big difference.

Here is how it breaks down:

1.) Using the Router's built-in Speedtest utility, which utilizes the Ookla Speedtest Tool - I choose my preferred server to test from and run the test (Green Highlights in screenshot below)

2.) Using the official Ookla Speedtest Destkop Application (Downloaded from the Windows 10 Store) - I choose the same exact server to test from and run the test from my Gaming Desktop (Red Highlights in screenshot below)

The results though, are different.

From my Gaming Desktop, I am pulling great speeds -- Capped out at pretty much the top of what my Comcast Gigabit Connection can throw at me. But then from the ROG Router's Interface, I am pulling only about 600'ish mbp/s download.

Here is a screenshot of both Speedtests (Which again are utilizing the same exact utility):

I cannot wrap my head around the fact that my Gaming Desktop, which is behind my router, is showing faster download speeds than what the router is able to pull via the same Speedtest.

Anyone have any explanation for this? Is there some setting or something in the ROG Router that would change this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2

ahfoo
Level 13
Forget about the build in speed test app came with router. The app required some overhead away from the router and hence may not be accurate. By the way the matter of fact all internet speed test may shown different result. Some ISP may not peer with others and required 3rd party hops to connect to each others.

basmastersix
Level 7
Yea, not too worried about it, was more just curious.

I upgraded to my current router from a Linksys, and Linksys has the same type of Ookla Speedtest functionality built into it's Web-UI - And was very inaccurate as well.

I was just hoping that because this is a much higher end gaming router, with way better spec's than my old Linksys device, that the built-in test would have been accurate.

Thanks!