Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cse.sohel View Post
    Exactly. Are you using the latest bios with the bug or downgraded? 3904 have some problem so I'm using 3801.
    I just noticed this thread if for the C8H WiFi - I'm using the C8 Formula
    I didn't have any issues with 3904 - this is just since the update to 4004.
    I'm sticking with 4004 for now, just disabled the sync with the LED strip and it defaults to rainbow, which I can live with for now, but very annoying.

ROG Enthusiast Array Rolda PC Specs
    Rolda PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 5800X
    Memory (part number)2x Kingston KF3200C16D4/16GX (32GB)
    Graphics Card #1TUF-RX6900XT-O16G-GAMING
    MonitorROG Strix XG49VQ
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate ST3000DM007 3TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin II 360
    CaseASUS TUF GAMING GT501
    Power Supplybe quiet! Power Zone 1000W
    Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
    Mouse Roccat Tyon
    OS Win 11 Pro x64 21H2

Same problem here. I went back to bios 3904 and it works again.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ationfictons PC Specs
    ationfictons PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ DDR4
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ICX
    MonitorDell U3417W
    Storage #1KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 USB-C
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime ULTRA 600W 80+ Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire
    Mouse Logitech G305
    Headset Philips SHP9500 Headphones w/ V-MODA BoomPro Microphone on Schiit Hel
    Headset/Speakers AudioEngine A2+
    OS Windows 11 Pro x64
    Network RouterpfSense on ProtectLi VP2410
    Accessory #1 XSPC Wire Sensor 10K Thermistor
    Accessory #2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm Case Fans (3)

I'm on the non-wifi version of the board and have been using 4004 for a whole day now ( ). No problems that I can see. Nothing Windows' Event Viewer, performance seems about the same. The only minor issue I had was in the BIOS, itself. I reset to factory defaults (or whatever it's called) then came back and applied my normal settings. On the chassis fans, the fan speeds for the lowest temperature range did not show up in what was changed when I saved and exited. But, I came back and checked and they were changed correctly. Looking in HWINFO64, they appear to be set correctly. Which brings up a possible difference. In the past, when I did my Cinebench testing, HWINFO64's Power Reporting Deviation would be someplace in the 70% range (I think -- anyway, it indicates that the BIOS is lying to the motherboard about how much power it's delivering so as to boost speeds). Now, it was just about 100%. So, that's a good thing.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ationfictons View Post
    I'm on the non-wifi version of the board and have been using 4004 for a whole day now ( ). No problems that I can see. Nothing Windows' Event Viewer, performance seems about the same. The only minor issue I had was in the BIOS, itself. I reset to factory defaults (or whatever it's called) then came back and applied my normal settings. On the chassis fans, the fan speeds for the lowest temperature range did not show up in what was changed when I saved and exited. But, I came back and checked and they were changed correctly. Looking in HWINFO64, they appear to be set correctly. Which brings up a possible difference. In the past, when I did my Cinebench testing, HWINFO64's Power Reporting Deviation would be someplace in the 70% range (I think -- anyway, it indicates that the BIOS is lying to the motherboard about how much power it's delivering so as to boost speeds). Now, it was just about 100%. So, that's a good thing.
    Interesting, thanks for that information. Sounds like 4004 is solid aside from the one issue everyone is bringing up. Any problems with ARGB?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ationfictons PC Specs
    ationfictons PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ DDR4
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ICX
    MonitorDell U3417W
    Storage #1KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 USB-C
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime ULTRA 600W 80+ Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire
    Mouse Logitech G305
    Headset Philips SHP9500 Headphones w/ V-MODA BoomPro Microphone on Schiit Hel
    Headset/Speakers AudioEngine A2+
    OS Windows 11 Pro x64
    Network RouterpfSense on ProtectLi VP2410
    Accessory #1 XSPC Wire Sensor 10K Thermistor
    Accessory #2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm Case Fans (3)

I have no LEDs in the system and in the BIOS have Onboard Device Config > RGB Light set to Stealth. So, that bug doesn't affect me.

ROG Member Array mainmind PC Specs
    mainmind PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC
    Graphics Card #1XFX RX 6700 XT
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1 TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken Z63
    CaseNZHT H510 Elite
    Power SupplyAsus ROG Strix 650W Gold
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Strix Scope
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius II Origin
    Headset ASUS ROG Delta S
    OS Windows 10 Pro

What is "RTM Margining Support" in the new BIOS 4004?

New ROGer Array RichardRahlCT PC Specs
    RichardRahlCT PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAmd Ryzen 5900x
    Memory (part number)64GB (4x16) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3070 Ti OC Edition
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Z
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Toshiba X300 8TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Elite LCD
    CaseLian-li 011 Dynamic XL Silver
    Power SupplySeasonic PX-850
    Keyboard Corsair k70 MK.2 Cherry MX blue with iCue NEXUS RGB
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G935
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Extended
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-623
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Network RouterFRITZ!Box 7590

Thumbs up ARGB Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Poz31 View Post
    I've experienced an issue with the 4004 BIOS breaking Armoury Crate RGB with the GEN2_1 header on my Dark Hero board. With the 4004 BIOS installed if I completely uninstall Armoury crate then any RGB on that header turns on. As soon as Armoury Crate installs and enables any ARGB devices stop working on that particular header unless I set it to a Static Color only. I have also done a complete un-install and re-install of Armoury Crate once the 4004 BIOS is installed and the issue continues.

If I downgrade the BIOS to the previous 3904 version (or at least what can be downgraded with that version) then the full ARGB control returns once Armoury Crate is running.
    i've the same issue with ARGB controller. so frustrating

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I thought Asus released an update for Amroury Crate that fixes the ARGB header problem caused by Bios 4004. I am running 4004 on my Dark Hero but I have not checked to see if the ARGB headers work. I don't use them, or Aura or Armoury Crate, and am not willing to install either of these programs to test the ARGB ports. Armoury Crate is buggy, and a borderline virus and Aura has just sucked for years. I control my mobo and RAM LEDs with OpenRGB and use Aquasuite for everything else. I would be fine if Asus removed all of their LED headers (and fan headers) and lowered the price of the boards. I have not used the Bios for fan or RGB control for years.

ROG Member Array LeftEyeNine PC Specs
    LeftEyeNine PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Memory (part number)BL2K8G30C15U4B
    Graphics Card #1Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill X4
    MonitorSamsung C27HG70
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
    Storage #2PNY CS2130 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerLian Li Galahad 360
    CaseLian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB Black
    Power SupplyFSP Hydro G Pro 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G213
    Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mini
    Headset Astro A40
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Network RouterAsus DSL-AC750

Quote Originally Posted by BillBittel View Post
    I thought Asus released an update for Amroury Crate that fixes the ARGB header problem caused by Bios 4004. I am running 4004 on my Dark Hero but I have not checked to see if the ARGB headers work. I don't use them, or Aura or Armoury Crate, and am not willing to install either of these programs to test the ARGB ports. Armoury Crate is buggy, and a borderline virus and Aura has just sucked for years. I control my mobo and RAM LEDs with OpenRGB and use Aquasuite for everything else. I would be fine if Asus removed all of their LED headers (and fan headers) and lowered the price of the boards. I have not used the Bios for fan or RGB control for years.
    Thank you very much for alerting me to the existence of OpenRGB!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine View Post
    Thank you very much for alerting me to the existence of OpenRGB!
    You are welcome. I finally got OpenRGB v0.7 to detect and control the LEDs on my Dark Hero mobo, TUF 3080 OC, and G.Skill Trident-Z RGB RAM. v0.6 could control the mobo and RAM but not the GPU. v0.7 could control the mobo and the GPU but not the RAM. I finally figured out how to get it to control all 3 and now I am happy.

Note that Signal RGB is also an option. It can detect and control mobo, RAM, and GPU LEDs, same as OpenRGB. The user interface and the way Signal RGB maps LEDs is very different than OpenRGB. Basically you have a canvas that you place all of your RGB items on. You can move them around and scale them. Then you select a preset that plays back on the canvas. What the LEDs on a device do depends on where that device is on the canvas. It works, and lit up my computer like a pinball machine, but I found it difficult to control. Because Signal RGB uses this LED canvas approach, it is really good at doing ambient effects based on video and integrating into games.

OpenRGB has more basic presets that are similar to what Aura offers. Since its open source, there are a lot of plug-ins and pipeline builds on github. There is an army of people reverse engineering RGB products and adding support in the pipeline builds. I tend to stick to the stable released version but am keeping an eye out for a plugin that will detect a single Thermaltake Riing DUO fan that is in my Thermaltake iRGB power supply. It is stuck on rainbow vomit and I refuse to install Thermaltake's horrible software to change it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast