cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix G15 Advantage Edition: No contact from Asus

MyCatIsKevin
Level 7
Hello!

I have been having a huge issue with my Rog Strix G15 Advantage Edition, G513QY, and have had to send it to Asus twice at this point. I’m unsure of the actual status of the laptop as of 2/23/22, as I have not heard from Asus in weeks! I wanted to provide a full time line and see if we can get this straightened out.

December 4, 2021: RMA has been issued(I didn’t provide the number yet as I do not know if anyone can use that for anything malicious). I had contacted Asus because when the MyAsus software installed a bios update, it asked me to restart the computer. I restarted, and it went into the bios menu/settings, and started the update. The update failed to install, the laptop completely froze, I took a quick picture and a little while later, the screen turned off. The fans were not on, the only thing that worked were the led lights.

December 13, 2021: FedEx Delivered the package.

December 14th, 2021: Asus sent confirmation email they received it and are doing a diagnostic testing.

December 17th, 2021: Asus claims there is signs of damage. They provided pictures which do not match the pictures I took previous to sending to Asus. There is a large dent as if the AC adapter was dropped on the laptop. There are also numerous small scratches on the screen; maybe from the cloth I used to finally clean the laptop, it was quite dirty, sorry). I had options: Pay for a new screen/display, have the laptop sent back to me, or make a claim with the shipper. When you see scratches and a dent on separate sides, I don’t think the shipper can possibly do that damage, so I opted to paying for a new screen($450.84).

December 24, 2021: Asus confirms package has been shipped.

December 28, 2021: FedEx Delivered the package to my house.

I was away for nearly a full week, so I did not get to using the laptop until around January 8-9th.

January 10th, 2022: RMA has been issued. The new screen has backlight bleeding around the edges. I just paid for a new screen, so this should not be an issue. Also, after installing new drivers and installing one of the videogames I play(Rocket League), I launch the game to test it out. Previous to sending it to Asus, the laptop was able to play at over 300fps. For a 300hz screen, that’s awesome! On this attempt, the in-game fps was set to 30. I raised it to 300fps, the laptop immediately shuts off. On a second attempt, I set it to 60. The game works fine, so I raise it to 144; laptop immediately shuts down.
So now, not only does the new screen have backlight bleeding, but I also am unable to use the laptop to it’s full potential(or any potential, over 60fps).

January 13th, 2022: Asus confirms they received the package.

January 18th, 2022: Asus sends an email stating they found no issue. They also send a link for me that allows me to reiterate the issues, tell them whether or not I’d like to be contacted to discuss it, and a quick signature. Obviously, I sent this in as soon as I got it!

I have received absolutely no feedback, contact, phone calls or emails from Asus since that day. I am In total darkness with my $1649 + $450 laptop. I have sent an email to Asus, I have chatted with two support agents, who both said my case was escalated. I have tried calling, but when I select the correct department, it doesn’t even transfer me correctly. The phone line is silent and I do not get a person even if I sit there for 5-10 minutes.
I'm hoping I can get some help to correct my issues, as now I don't believe the laptop will ever be functioning properly, which means I also feel I'm losing $2000+ 😞

The included pictures, in order, show the bios update failing picture, laptop led lights on but screen no longer working, pictures of my laptop before I sent it in(and yes the laptop was filthy, I think the scratches on the screen were from a microfiber rag I cleaned it with before I sent it in), pictures of the damage Asus claims, and then a final picture with one of two current issues: backlight bleeding on the new screen.

Please help!
6 REPLIES 6

cl-Adrian
Level 8
My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you would allow, I would be more than glad to help provide a resolution to this case. Please email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

Product S/N:
RMA #:
Complete Shipping Address:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.:

cl-Adrian@ROG wrote:
My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you would allow, I would be more than glad to help provide a resolution to this case. Please email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

Product S/N:
RMA #:
Complete Shipping Address:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.:

Thank you! I just sent an email! 😄

Not a great update, but after emailing Adrian, I received a response from Asus.

February 25th: Asus claims there is no issue, their email includes a link to "contact us"; leads to the default contact page. I ended up starting a chat with an agent. I have to explain the entire issue to this person, as Asus has no way for customers to stay in contact with anyone other than chat agents, it seems.

The person is nearly completely confused at my issue. I told them both issues, described them to the agent, and sent a picture of the backlight bleed. I asked if I should have the laptop returned to me as it is under warranty through Best Buy. They reply that if the issue is with Best Buy, I should give Asus their name, etc, I explain Asus has the laptop(at this point, I have little faith anything is going to happen).

I end up straightening it out with the agent, it seems, and they say I will receive a response within 48 business hours.

It's been over 48 business hours, I'm not sure if customer service has no sense of time or what. At this point, I want them to send my broken laptop back so I can give it to Best Buy, or just replace the laptop altogether. I opted to sending it to Asus because I assumed it would be easier to have the manufacturer repair it, but I've barely had this laptop since I sent it in in DECEMBER. I'm not sure why I'm just getting the run around, why my laptop has "no issues", why I had to pay for a $450 display that Asus most likely broke, or why Asus is literally doing NOTHING to compensate me for the $2,100 laptop + new display that is basically a paperweight. Seriously, they should be sending a new laptop at this point and also sending me my second hard drive from the broken laptop.

MyCatIsKevin wrote:
Not a great update, but after emailing Adrian, I received a response from Asus.

February 25th: Asus claims there is no issue, their email includes a link to "contact us"; leads to the default contact page. I ended up starting a chat with an agent. I have to explain the entire issue to this person, as Asus has no way for customers to stay in contact with anyone other than chat agents, it seems.

The person is nearly completely confused at my issue. I told them both issues, described them to the agent, and sent a picture of the backlight bleed. I asked if I should have the laptop returned to me as it is under warranty through Best Buy. They reply that if the issue is with Best Buy, I should give Asus their name, etc, I explain Asus has the laptop(at this point, I have little faith anything is going to happen).

I end up straightening it out with the agent, it seems, and they say I will receive a response within 48 business hours.

It's been over 48 business hours, I'm not sure if customer service has no sense of time or what. At this point, I want them to send my broken laptop back so I can give it to Best Buy, or just replace the laptop altogether. I opted to sending it to Asus because I assumed it would be easier to have the manufacturer repair it, but I've barely had this laptop since I sent it in in DECEMBER. I'm not sure why I'm just getting the run around, why my laptop has "no issues", why I had to pay for a $450 display that Asus most likely broke, or why Asus is literally doing NOTHING to compensate me for the $2,100 laptop + new display that is basically a paperweight. Seriously, they should be sending a new laptop at this point and also sending me my second hard drive from the broken laptop.

It's unfortunate to hear that we were unable to resolve your issue. Please reach out to me so that we can have this straightened out.

cl-Adrian@ROG wrote:
It's unfortunate to hear that we were unable to resolve your issue. Please reach out to me so that we can have this straightened out.

Yes Ive been trying to be understanding but Im a bit sad at this point. I sent you an email Friday afternoon, hopefully it doesnt get buried over the weekend!

Thank you

So, I just got my laptop back Sunday. I tested it out last night (Monday ). After updating all the drivers and everything, the issue with the framerate in games causing the laptop to crash is fixed. I really appreciate that being fixed.

The display was not touched though, and still has backlight bleeding, which Asus apparently refuses to fix. At this point, and after all the MONTHS asus has had my laptop, I fear that sending it in for this problem will lead no where, and it seems to be a game to make my warranty run out in the summer.

Im not sure what to do, live with a “new” $450 screen with backlight bleeding? Contact the BBB? I really do not want to have to take unnecessary measures, and really wish Asus would just send a replacement laptop as a customer shouldnt have to continuously send a laptop in for repairs like this.