New ROGer Array AviatorIMC PC Specs
    AviatorIMC PC Specs
    MotherboardZ690 Extreme
    Processor12700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000 CL36
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3070 Ti O8 G
    MonitorDell Ultra 4K 27"
    CPU CoolerEKWB Elite 280MM
    CaseFractal Design Define 7
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime TX 1000 Watts
    OS Windows 11 Pro

ASUS needs to . . . and can do better.

I purchased an $1,100 motherboard. I couldn't get the simplest answers from ASUS.

ASUS support personnel are cheerful, polite and I believe . . . well intended.

However, I believe the ASUS support management business unit, at the senior level . . . is letting them . . . and us, down. They aren't giving the front lines of support the training or tools to effectively support customers of their products.

The running theme:
    1. Contact Level 1 support - polite, no resolution, escalate to Level 2 Support.
    2. Wait. . . wait . . . wait.
    3. Email received - stating how sorry ASUS is for the inconvenience & the management team is working on the issue.
    4. Steps 2 & 3 repeat.

5. Customer gives up - turns to forums and self research on the internet.
    6. Customer possibly finds a work around on their own . . . or gives up entirely.
    5. Level 2 support - Finally, Days later responds with a one line cryptic answer that is either unintelligible or not usable.

ASUS - it's time to do better.
    1. Level 1 Support - train & equip them.
    2. Level 2 Support - structure a live phone queue hand-off from Level 1 Support. . . Not a 'CASE' emailed to Level 2.
    3. Motherboard Support Web pages - Publish detailed clarification of 'which' drivers and what sequence/ process for how you'd like them installed.
    4. Motherboard Drivers Page - use consistent industry standard nomenclature and version numbers. Intel Support couldn't even interpret your driver pages.
    5. Motherboard Drivers Page - 'DISABLE THE PAGE SNAP UP or DOWN FEATURE' - This is a horrible design choice adding to the difficulty of using the page.
    6. ROG Forum - Stop highlighting 'search terms' in YELLOW. White text on YELLOW is not readable. Another poor design choice.
    7. ROG Forum - Since your customers are largely left to solve technical issues on their own as a group - consider untangling the cumbersome Forum Design.

ASUS - Please remember you're selling your customers a 'Product + Service + Warranty'. That is your offering, your value equation, your 'quid' for our 'pro quo'. All of the components must be present to fulfill your promise, your legal obligation, your side of the bargain for the money you've accepted. if after a customer spends $1,100 on a motherboard, and you're not delivering the 'Service', then ASUS is in breach.

CUSTOMERS - demand more., what you were promised. Don't forget to use your government tools to get it, if needed.
    ASUS - Rethink your support . . . redesigning / restructuring could actually reduce the overall burden and therefore cost.

Please accept this as intended - a constructive critique and appeal, to help you become and remain more competitive over the coming years.

AviatorIMC - Fortune 25, Global Executive
    Last edited by AviatorIMC; 02-24-2022 at 07:29 PM.

New ROGer Array AviatorIMC PC Specs
    AviatorIMC PC Specs
    MotherboardZ690 Extreme
    Processor12700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000 CL36
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3070 Ti O8 G
    MonitorDell Ultra 4K 27"
    CPU CoolerEKWB Elite 280MM
    CaseFractal Design Define 7
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime TX 1000 Watts
    OS Windows 11 Pro

Here's case in point . . .

I spoke with Level 1 support multiple times - so long ago I can't honestly remember my last contact.

Level 1 Support (over multiple calls) were informed of two issues.
    1. When I ran a benchmark - GPU came back as 'missing'. I informed the techs. the GPU is functioning fine and appears in Device Manager with no issues.
    2. Device Manager has 3 Yellow Triangle issues & Device Mgr. can't locate the drivers. I advised, I suspect a Chipset driver version issue and requested guidance. Level 1 support didn't feel comfortable advising correct driver versions. FWIW Intel, also couldn't interpret ASUS' Driver nomenclature on the ASUS website.

it should also be noted that after the multiple conversations & 'escalation' of the case - I asked for a way, any way . . . to 'speak' with Level 2 Support, because it's clear something is getting lost in translation. Level 1 said they'd request Level 2 Support to call me sometime over the next 2 days. .

Here's the 'written' answer (no call) received tonight - days after the last contact:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support.
    My name is (removed for privacy) and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.
    I'm writing this email to provide you an update about your ongoing case, In the recommendation of our Higher team

Please troubleshoot:

Add-on Graphics card display output is not normal :
    1. Try to re-install Graphics card
    2. Check for any dirt on the PCI-E Pin of motherboard or Graphics card.
    3. Does GPU show up in Device Manager>Display? What benchmark does it not detect?
    CASE NO= xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The response is answering an issue, that was never raised. In fact, I probably stated the GPU output is working normally over a dozen times.
    So, Days later . . . a completely unusable response. No advancement. And, no clarification or guidance on Chipset driver versions.

This is what happens when Level 1, unable to solve an issue . . . is prevented from transferring a customer to level 2 for a 'phone' conversation.

If the 'stone-walling' is in fact a bug and not a feature . . . ASUS themselves, would benefit from restructuring their Support structure and SOP.
    The process is currently bogging down each support tier with non-value added work:
    - Level 1 Support is over burdened creating elaborate cases with copious notes. Often they don't capture the issue correctly. who could?
    - Level 2 Support then has to wade through all of the created 'cases', often with incorrect information . . . and then take the time has to type responses.
    - Level 2 then sends the response back to Level 1 . . . who in turn sends it to the customer.
    - Because of the low success rate . . . the cycle just keeps repeating . . . further depleting ASUS resources.

Level 1 should take the call --> fix or refer to Level 2 phone queue. All the time dedicated 'documenting' only to get it wrong could be reallocated to training Level 1 Support to 'clear' a greater % of issues. . . and Level 2 could hear the issue first hand & collaborate with the customer in real time. More capacity would actually got to actually 'working on issues with the customer' and less time would be wasted on shuffling cases and emails.

For your own sake, consider an organizational effectiveness review in the support area.

AviatorIMC Fortune 25, Global Executive