cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PD FW Update Tool

Hopper64
Level 15
This tool seems to do nothing when I try to update with it. I still have the same Cypress PD FW Version of 100F after using it. Am I doing something incorrectly here?

MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro
8 REPLIES 8

ZandathraX
Level 7
same here

Where do you find the FW version? I ran the update for mine (ver 008 on a z690-f) and it seemed to work. The utility went through the erase, flash and verify process with no errors, but I can't find anywhere that gives the FW version.

Rusty_Gunn wrote:
Where do you find the FW version? I ran the update for mine (ver 008 on a z690-f) and it seemed to work. The utility went through the erase, flash and verify process with no errors, but I can't find anywhere that gives the FW version.

Rusty, they don't list the hardware ID, you'd need to know which exact piece of hardware you're updating. This doesn't matter for this app, as it doesn't matter if it's already the newer version or older, this app flashes the newest either way and it's not like it wasted hours to run so in the end you can be sure it's the hardware has the newest version. Sorry if this isn't the answer you wanted by like I said they'd have to identify the exact hardware.

ponyponp wrote:
Rusty, they don't list the hardware ID, you'd need to know which exact piece of hardware you're updating. This doesn't matter for this app, as it doesn't matter if it's already the newer version or older, this app flashes the newest either way and it's not like it wasted hours to run so in the end you can be sure it's the hardware has the newest version. Sorry if this isn't the answer you wanted by like I said they'd have to identify the exact hardware.

No worries, thanks for the insight! I actually ran OSB to capture the window flashing up so fast, and it updated fine so I must be on the newest version. Just seemed weird that the version number can be looked up somewhere or that there isn't a tool to do that.

Rusty_Gunn wrote:
No worries, thanks for the insight! I actually ran OSB to capture the window flashing up so fast, and it updated fine so I must be on the newest version. Just seemed weird that the version number can be looked up somewhere or that there isn't a tool to do that.

Great idea. Not weird more lazy,lol . The existing version number could easily be added to the app, and the app could state the number and cancel the update stating it's already at this version. Thanks for the reply.

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
Bump!
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
This tool seems to do nothing when I try to update with it. I still have the same Cypress PD FW Version of 100F after using it. Am I doing something incorrectly here?

The problem is it runs in background opening and closing quickly. Open terminal/powershell as admin and see default location. Copy the application and place it in the default location. Now open terminal as admin and type name of the application adding the.exe and run, terminal will stay open and you can see what happened, I've attached a pic. If you don't want to type in name either go to rename or properties and copy the name of the application not forgetting to add the .exe.

This can be used to run any app that opens and closes to quickly for you to see what happened.

1000010584.jpg