cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claymore II now split into two parts in armoury Crate and unable to update

quartz9090
Level 7
Installed the Live update patch today. After that it said there is an update for the keyboard so started installing that patch and it came back with a red triangle on the update button. Now the keyboard is appearing as two items that need to be updated, neither of which will update. The update will run for a while then it just comes back with a red triangle. the two items listed are

ROG Claymore II version 20.32.02 date 2022/02/21
B_ROG Claymore II(KB) version 20.12.01 date 2022/01/12

there are no leds lighting up at all, and armoury crate is unable to connect to the device. The device is able to type letters like a normal keyboard but not send mapped keystrokes/marco's. Have tried holding the FN+ESC to reset the keyboard with no success.
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152

No I was not, the keyboard is acting just like a basic keyboard, no led at all. Tried the FN+ESC sequence to reset it with no luck. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling AC with no luck. going to see if I can talk to somebody about getting a RMA. the MyAsus and the support website was no help at all, no sections to get to chat to someone about the Claymore II keyboard at all. :mad:

Nate152
It seems there is an issue with your ROG Claymore II.

Try this phone number, this is for pacific time.

ASUS Phone Support - 1-888-678-3688

Monday - Friday: 6AM - 9PM
Saturday - Sunday: 6AM - 5PM

Nate152 wrote:
It seems there is an issue with your ROG Claymore II.

Try this phone number, this is for pacific time.

ASUS Phone Support - 1-888-678-3688

Monday - Friday: 6AM - 9PM
Saturday - Sunday: 6AM - 5PM

Applied the latest firmware that came out earlier this month and that has corrected the issue. Just frustrating that this happens.

Do not like that you have to have the software installed and macro's imported in for the keyboard to work and send keystrokes even if you have everything written to the keyboard Memory and are using manual profiles. First keyboard I have had that is like that, My other ones have saved the keystrokes/macros internally and I could move the keyboard from my home machine to and machine and the key mappings/macros were retained.

19pabs
Level 7
quartz9090 wrote:
Installed the Live update patch today. After that it said there is an update for the keyboard so started installing that patch and it came back with a red triangle on the update button. Now the keyboard is appearing as two items that need to be updated, neither of which will update. The update will run for a while then it just comes back with a red triangle. the two items listed are

ROG Claymore II version 20.32.02 date 2022/02/21
B_ROG Claymore II(KB) version 20.12.01 date 2022/01/12

there are no leds lighting up at all, and armoury crate is unable to connect to the device. The device is able to type letters like a normal keyboard but not send mapped keystrokes/marco's. Have tried holding the FN+ESC to reset the keyboard with no success.

BUMP,
im having the same exact issue please help, my keyboard is 'broken' at this point
and im unable to properly install the firmware update92893

ive already tried uninstalling/reinstalling 2 times and i get the same error

hello Nate,

yes, ive used the amory uninstall tool 3 times already and rebooted my computer but im still unable to install firmware updates.
it downloads the update fine, but stops halfway through installation and i get this error

" Sorry, we cannot finish the file installation. Please restart
the system and retry. (Error code: 18)"

i even tried removing the bluetooth dongle, but still that does nothing.

not sure what to do at this point.

Nate152
Hi 19pabs,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Did you use the Armoury Crate uninstall tool to uninstall Armoury Crate?

If not, give this a try.

Select your operating system then click "Show all", it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

After using the uninstall tool, install Armoury Crate.

Make sure you have the usb cable and the wireless dongle connected to preferably motherboard usb ports.

Nate152
Thank you,

Connect the cable to your ROG Claymore II, connect the cable and dongle to motherboard usb ports, set the switch on your ROG Claymore II to RF 2.4GHz wireless mode.

Then try running the update again.

Does this get it to update?

hey nate,

thanks for the help, but i think i fixed my problem

i think there might be issues with the armorycrateinstaller 3.1.3.0

i used an older version i had on my hard drive (3.1.2.0) and it worked fined after that.

for anybody else in the future having this issue, armorycrateinstaller 3.1.3.0 is not working properly