cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Fan Speed

Spindlwood
Level 7
I have a Maximus z690 Formula and want to monitor fan speed. I control fan speed through the bios, but occasionally want to see each fan's rpm.

I know that Fan Xpert4 is part of AI Suite and have used it in the past with my older Maximus Formula board. But AI Suite is known for bloat and as far as I can tell, I can't just install Fan Xpert4 (or can I?)

I'm curious what people are using (freeware).
5 REPLIES 5

plee5509
Level 7
HWMonitor will do all you require.

ahfoo
Level 13
You may want to try HWINFO. It a freeware, and provide other statistic of your system. I used it for years and never fail me.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Spindlwood wrote:
I have a Maximus z690 Formula and want to monitor fan speed. I control fan speed through the bios, but occasionally want to see each fan's rpm.

I know that Fan Xpert4 is part of AI Suite and have used it in the past with my older Maximus Formula board. But AI Suite is known for bloat and as far as I can tell, I can't just install Fan Xpert4 (or can I?)

I'm curious what people are using (freeware).

For z690, inside armory crate, there is Fanexpert4, and is working fine as last check, you will be able to control and monitor the fans also.

Also you can use from hwinfo64 or similar apps
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Drayco31
Level 11
Purely for monitoring HWmonitor (Simplest) or HW Info (More details)

Armoury crate for adjusting, can monitor but you'd only see the 1 fan you select and not all of them

ahfoo
Level 13
I tried the armoury crate for a while which I found out it always crash with my corsair controller to use for my fan setup. I uninstall in after awhile and just remain asus plug in to work with corsair controller to control the motherboard and VGA LED. I like asus product but not their software that came with.