cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G513QY Inconsistent WIFI Performance

Goosifer
Level 7
Good evening all,

I have the G513QY, and I love it so much! However, I'm getting really inconcsistent WiFi performance. I'll be getting a sub 30ms ping, then it'll jump into the 300ms range with horrible lag, and I'll lose connection with the router. This is the only device that has this issue, and it happens in multiple settings; home, work, and family's routers. I've downloaded the latest drivers from the ROG website for my model, but still no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello
Good day, in order to align the same info , please confirm your latest version of wifi card id V3.00.01.1207? Right.
What's the version of your operation system, Win 10 or 11?

Yes, that is the current driver I have, and I'm on windows 10.

RedSector73
Level 12
Goosifer wrote:
Good evening all,

I have the G513QY, and I love it so much! However, I'm getting really inconcsistent WiFi performance. I'll be getting a sub 30ms ping, then it'll jump into the 300ms range with horrible lag, and I'll lose connection with the router. This is the only device that has this issue, and it happens in multiple settings; home, work, and family's routers. I've downloaded the latest drivers from the ROG website for my model, but still no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Try using Intel Driver Assistant
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

and make sure using the latest AMD chipset drivers
https://www.amd.com/en/support

I have the Mediatek MT7921, and I've downloaded the latest AMD chipset driver. Still no luck, as it just los connection again.

RedSector73
Level 12
Well, one fix would be dropping that and use Intel NIC. AX210, but most laptop users will blame the whole system or Asus or argue valid points. For the cost of NIC, rather just change it myself and be happy with the system thereafter.

Sorry dont have any further help to offer than the above.

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello Goosifer
Could you try below command that one solved the same issue?
Excute CMD with administrator and type below command to close
netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wi-Fi"
Then enable it again to enable it.
netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes interface="Wi-Fi"

Alvez@ROG wrote:
Hello Goosifer
Could you try below command that one solved the same issue?
Excute CMD with administrator and type below command to close
netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wi-Fi"
Then enable it again to enable it.
netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes interface="Wi-Fi"

I ended up just buying an AX210 wireless card. Kind of upset that this was the solution to the issue.

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello
Sorry to hear that , it's a temporary solution that we want to know the result may find out root cause.
If we can collect more sample case, it will be helpful.