Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO v1301

VSSV
Level 7
2022/03/03

ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO BIOS 1301
01. Improve DRAM compatibility
02. Improve system boot time after EZflash.
03. Improve system performance and stability.

https://rog.asus.com/au/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk_bios
16 REPLIES 16

Nuckels
Level 8
Does this update fix TPM/PTT staying enabled after turning it off? ****'s hella annoying.

Saltgrass
Level 13
@Nuckles The PTT option was changed to stay enabled several updates ago.

Otherwise, I had to update my video driver after the update because the screen was washed out. The new Nvidia driver seems to have fixed that.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
@Nuckles The PTT option was changed to stay enabled several updates ago.

Otherwise, I had to update my video driver after the update because the screen was washed out. The new Nvidia driver seems to have fixed that.

Hm no it was designed to be on with default settings, not that it stays on even if you turn it off on next boot. Mind trying to turn it off, powercycling and seeing if it turned itself back on for me?

Nuckels wrote:
Hm no it was designed to be on with default settings, not that it stays on even if you turn it off on next boot. Mind trying to turn it off, powercycling and seeing if it turned itself back on for me?

I keep those options in my Favorites so I can check it after updates. I always have to reset my XMP settings but the CSM is no longer enabled by default and the PTT is now enabled by default. They had to do that for Win 11.

If your system is going back to the original values, there may be something wrong with your configuration. You are running your system as a UEFI install?

I did just power cycle and made sure the settings stuck.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I keep those options in my Favorites so I can check it after updates. I always have to reset my XMP settings but the CSM is no longer enabled by default and the PTT is now enabled by default. They had to do that for Win 11.

If your system is going back to the original values, there may be something wrong with your configuration. You are running your system as a UEFI install?

I did just power cycle and made sure the settings stuck.

It's a known issue that PTT will enable itself after disabling it since I believe 1201. If I rollback it works just fine.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
i will run it ..... maybe over the weekend
Learn, Play Enjoy!

sdmf74
Level 11
Bios 1301 looks good so far except for the bug that has been there for the past 2 or 3 bios'. Everytime I flash a new bios I set optimized defaults and one of the first things I do is disable all the APSM settings exit & save but then When I exit to windows I notice WHEA erros racking up in HWinfo64 which is caused by APSM settings being enabled.
Somehow this setting keeps reverting to enabled! Its been happening since I bought this board, gotta be a bios bug. Im not sure why Asus enables these power saving options by default on an overclocking motherboard?! AND Im not exactly sure why this would be causing whea errors.
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

sdmf74 wrote:
Bios 1301 looks good so far except for the bug that has been there for the past 2 or 3 bios'. Everytime I flash a new bios I set optimized defaults and one of the first things I do is disable all the APSM settings exit & save but then When I exit to windows I notice WHEA erros racking up in HWinfo64 which is caused by APSM settings being enabled.
Somehow this setting keeps reverting to enabled! Its been happening since I bought this board, gotta be a bios bug. Im not sure why Asus enables these power saving options by default on an overclocking motherboard?! AND Im not exactly sure why this would be causing whea errors.

You mind checking if PTT and Secure boot stay disabled after disabling them on 1301? It's been bugged on previous "windows 11 proof" bios builds and I currently don't have the time to test this.

Nuckels wrote:
You mind checking if PTT and Secure boot stay disabled after disabling them on 1301? It's been bugged on previous "windows 11 proof" bios builds and I currently don't have the time to test this.

I enable them cause I recently updated to win 11. How long does It take for them to re-enable automatically? Do you mean after one power cycle or something that needs to be monitored for a few days or so? Because my issue with APSM reenabling automatically happens at random.

Also with secure boot it has custom & standard not enable disable?

UPDATE: ok I disabled PTT & set secure boot to standard (I'm sure that's not what you meant by disabling secure boot) but I'm not messing with deleting keys & ****.

I then went to drop the kids off at the pool & when I got done upstairs I came back and rebooted my PC and yes it was reenabled on its own, I even checked my last modified actions & it showed I did in fact previously disable PTT.
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA