cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature in IDLE GTX 560M GPUs for high

dlemenn
Level 7
Hello you and excuse me my English here!
I have an ASUS G53SX-S1285V - Laptop 15.6'' Full HD - Intel Core i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz) - 500 GB - 4096 MB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M. The laptop is almost new used 3 weeks /

I noticed aec software CPUID that the temerature of my GTX560M GPU at idle was 45 to 50 ° C, I looked into the web and there are reports that temperatures are lower than me.
I do not know if I bring my laptop from ASUS for repair this problem.
Could you tell me if you have the correct temperatures in idle.

Thank you all for your help.
18 REPLIES 18

dlemenn
Level 7
My asus G53SW is brand new less than three weeks and I understand why it shows temperatures in high idle when I am in internet or in Microsoft Office.

I have another laptop with a MEDION ERAZER I5 580 and GTX 460M graphics card and I idle at 38-42 ° C and 75 ° C games in BF3

Your English is excused. Your double post of a single question is not.

Why do this? You think that by posting twice people will respond quicker?

Not.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

adamsyes
Level 8
dlemenn wrote:
Hello you and excuse me my English here!
I have an ASUS G53SX-S1285V - Laptop 15.6'' Full HD - Intel Core i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz) - 500 GB - 4096 MB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M. The laptop is almost new used 3 weeks /

I noticed aec software CPUID that the temerature of my GTX560M GPU at idle was 45 to 50 ° C, I looked into the web and there are reports that temperatures are lower than me.
I do not know if I bring my laptop from ASUS for repair this problem.
Could you tell me if you have the correct temperatures in idle.

Thank you all for your help.

The reason why you Idle around 45-50 C is because your GPU is loaded 100% at all times. you want it to only go 100% usage when playing games.

Make sure you do not have "Maximum performance" set up in your graphic Nvidea 3D application settings. leave it to adaptive
if that wasn't the case, then you will have to clean your fans intake

adamsyes wrote:
The reason why you Idle around 45-50 C is because your GPU is loaded 100% at all times. you want it to only go 100% usage when playing games.

Make sure you do not have "Maximum performance" set up in your graphic Nvidea 3D application settings. leave it to adaptive
if that wasn't the case, then you will have to clean your fans intake

Thank you for your info to me

But you can help me better as I did not understand everything?
in the panel nvidia 3D I have to choose between:
1) let the 3D application to make the decision
2) Use the advanced 3D image settings
3) Use my preferences improved

Thank you for your response

dlemenn wrote:
Thank you for your info to me

But you can help me better as I did not understand everything?
in the panel nvidia 3D I have to choose between:
1) let the 3D application to make the decision
2) Use the advanced 3D image settings
3) Use my preferences improved

Thank you for your response

Try this: 3D Settings > Adjust image settings with preview > let the 3D application decide;
Manage 3D settings > restore; Set PhysX configuration > auto-select
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM wrote:
Try this: 3D Settings > Adjust image settings with preview > let the 3D application decide;
Manage 3D settings > restore; Set PhysX configuration > auto-select

Thank you for your answer I just tested at time

this is does not change anything I'm idle at 48-52 ° C

or so I have to reboot for this to be effective after change.

reboot and see if it works. if it doesn't can you tell me what is your Nvidia Graphic card update at? i am currently using 302.04 Beta version released. Try it out and see if it change anything.

install http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-301.24-beta-driver.html

Make sure you click on Custom install, and do a Clean install this should help.

On Idles my laptop runs around 27-30 C. and 35-40 when browsing , working etc. During gaming sessions it stays around 59-61 C. It rarely go above 63 (when im playing Crysis 2 or Aion etc.

adamsyes wrote:
reboot and see if it works. if it doesn't can you tell me what is your Nvidia Graphic card update at? i am currently using 302.04 Beta version released. Try it out and see if it change anything.

install http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-301.24-beta-driver.html

Make sure you click on Custom install, and do a Clean install this should help.

On Idles my laptop runs around 27-30 C. and 35-40 when browsing , working etc. During gaming sessions it stays around 59-61 C. It rarely go above 63 (when im playing Crysis 2 or Aion etc.

I just installed the driver from nvidia BETA as you said and there is no change in temperature on my asus G53SW with GTX560M GPU. I am always between 45 and 50 ° C when surfing the internet or in Microsoft Office.
maybe I still have to make a setting to lower the GPU temperature as we say here u'il must be between 38 and 44 ° C max.

As the laptop asus has only one week of use I find curious cel and my brother has an Asus G53JW GTX460M GPU with it seulemlent between 40 and 45 ° C in idle.
Or I should mention my problem to the support asus?