cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse not powering on sometimes

hoodiemike
Level 7
i am having this strange issue, i thought it was me messing with memory settings on my rog strix gaming wifi e that caused the mouse to not power on because i first noticed in the bios when i was trying to rapidly revert my timings settings before it crashed, but now i got a stable system, right on the brink of 29000 cinebench and i just got the conductonaught to go even higher, i am running bios 1003 and ran the intel firmware update and usb pd firmware update. what is the latest intel me firmware and driver? also, how do i check usb pd firmware? i may not have run those as admin in windows 11 pro, so even though i ran it, how do i check if the usb pd firmware did its job? mouse is razer 8khz
7 REPLIES 7

TZero
Level 8
My system is very stable but 95% I enter the BIOS and sometimes on Win11 my mouse (Razer) also stops.

I've tried everything but the only thing that works fast is unplugging/plugging the cable inside the BIOS or OS environment.

In a few seconds he resurrects

TZero wrote:
My system is very stable but 95% I enter the BIOS and sometimes on Win11 my mouse (Razer) also stops.

I've tried everything but the only thing that works fast is unplugging/plugging the cable inside the BIOS or OS environment.

In a few seconds he resurrects

yes, i know. but i didnt create an account on this forum to be told just unplug it and plug it back in. that is a terrible solution. maybe it is a mouse problem? i will test it with a hyperx pulsefire core and see what happens

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
I had this issue with the ROCCAT Kone Pure. It's likely an issue with the mouse. The issue was transferable across systems.

After the system had conducted XHCI hand-off on boot, the mouse would no longer work till it was unplugged and plugged back in. Sometimes this can be the result of a device not being fully XHCI compliant.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hopper64
Level 15
Same happened to me as well with my gladius III. My claymore II also was affected. Unplugging and reconnecting seemed to help.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

i would like to add my keyboard, g915, never fails to connect over lightspeed, so im not sure if it is a usb powering on issue or the mouse, i would suspect if the mouse does not turn on sometimes, the keyboard would fail to connect as well. i still havent got the other mouse to test yet but i will let you guys know how it works. the hyperx pulsefire core for sure works as ive used it for a while now and never had that issue

as it turns out i didnt run the razer mouse firmware updated as admin, and my mouse was stuck on the launch firmware. it was the mouse after all

hoodiemike wrote:
as it turns out i didnt run the razer mouse firmware updated as admin, and my mouse was stuck on the launch firmware. it was the mouse after all

What mouse was this? This happens with my razer basilisk v3 frequently too.