cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Recording Question

rp33
Level 7
Hey - having a small issue with audio recording, and I thought maybe someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I'd like to be set up so that I can record Skype conversations through Adobe Audition in multitrack mode, where my external mic comes through as one track and the stereo mix comes through as another.

I've watched countless YouTube videos which document how to show the Stereo Mix in Recording Devices, which I've done, and they also talk about clicking the Levels tab in the Stereo Mix properties , and umuting the microphone. Several videos show that under the Stereo Mix properties there are a series of controls. All I am seeing is "Stereo Mix".

I've got Realtek HD audio driver 2.67 installed, and I attached a picture so that maybe you can see if there is a difference between what I am seeing and what you see on your system. The bottom right box is the Stereo Mix properties, and according to other users, there should be additional sliders, microphone, line in, etc. Below the one that I can see.

G74SX-AH71 | Intel Core i7 2670QM | GTX 560M | 16GB DDR3 | 750GB HDD | Crucial M4 64GB SSD
3 REPLIES 3

rp33
Level 7
Has anyone been having the same problem?
G74SX-AH71 | Intel Core i7 2670QM | GTX 560M | 16GB DDR3 | 750GB HDD | Crucial M4 64GB SSD

xeromist
Looking at the realtek website it looks like they have a 2.68 available so you could give that a try. However I'm guessing the options you are looking for are relocated somewhere in the realtek properties panels. Have you explored those? I'm not on a machine that has them so I can't tell you where unfortunately.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

rp33
Level 7
It seems as though they're supposed to be located in one of the windows I have in the above screenshot. I guess what it boils down to is that I cannot enable the microphone in "stereo mix". It's probably an issue I'll have to dig pretty deep into, I'm thinking Realtek may have an old driver that has the feature enabled - I figured I would ask here first and see if anyone's come across the same issue.