cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting USB ports to switch off power when PC sleeps

imacken
Level 8
I have a Z690-A Gaming D4, and I have this annoying button box that keeps its lights on, even when the PC goes to sleep.
I have set ErP to S4 + S5, but still the USB ports will not shut off power when sleeping.
Anyone know how to do this? Are there any specific ports that do this?
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

imacken
Level 8
No one?
Should I contact ASUS support on this?

Hopper64
Level 15
I thought there was a setting in device manager for each network adapter for power management. Something about “allow this device to wake the computer.” You could try to uncheck that to see if that works, but there’s also another tab under properties I think for the Marvell controller which has something about allowing the device to wake the computer as well, but you have to scroll down to find it. I will try to post a picture of mine later today if you can’t find it. I don’t know if that will shut off the lights though.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

imacken
Level 8
Thanks for the suggestion, it's more about 'allowing the computer to sleep' than waking up. I have all that unchecked anyway.
There must be a way to tell the PC to stop power to specific USB ports when sleeping.

RedSector73
Level 12

imacken
Level 8
Thanks for the suggestion, but I had seen that article before. None of that made any difference.
You wouldn't think that disabling power to specific USB ports when asleep would be so hard!