Thread: OC Key question

ROG Member Array

OC Key question

I just install my RIVE last night but was concerned about the OC Key. Once the DVI cable is attached to my video card, it seems to put a lot of stress on the connection. I was also getting some flickering on my screen every few seconds. Anyone else have any issues with OC Key? I trying to think of a way I can support it a little better so it's not putting stress on the DVI connector.

As for the flickering, not sure what's causing that.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Big question is what are you going to be doing with the OC key? Are you a bencher? If that is what you are using the key for then all good. But for 24/7 use I would never put it on my system. Why would I want an overlay on my screen the whole time?

But that withstanding Yes it does put strain on your connector which is why those with small fingers (sadly not me) are able to fasten the dongle to the graphic card.

As to the flickering what card are you using and what is the frequency and res of your monitor?
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

I guess I misunderstood. I thought it was left installed and used a hotkey or something to bring up the OSD. If that's the case, then yeah, not going to have it on there much.

Thanks!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrett View Post
    I guess I misunderstood. I thought it was left installed and used a hotkey or something to bring up the OSD. If that's the case, then yeah, not going to have it on there much.

Thanks!
    Personally I like having it installed all the time. I wired the reset button on my case (which I don't really use) to the OC port on the motherboard so I don't have to reach around back. I can just tap reset and get the overlay to check temps, fans, and volts all the time. I find this extremely useful. I run a lot of different OS's, so I don't always have that information available via software.

Unfortunately I also am having the flicker. The OC device seems to be very picky about displays. The display on my bench was working perfectly with it; but back at my desk now an older Dell is having the flicker problem. Maybe there will be a firmware update for the OC Key or something.