cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest wireless console 3 and intel centrino 6230 bluetooth.

Gajets
Level 8
Yesterday i updated the wireless console 3 to the latest asus suggested update. it power downed the bluetooth on the centrino 6230 and nothing short of removing the console could turn the bluetooth back on. any one elese see this????
9 REPLIES 9

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Gajets wrote:
Yesterday i updated the wireless console 3 to the latest asus suggested update. it power downed the bluetooth on the centrino 6230 and nothing short of removing the console could turn the bluetooth back on. any one elese see this????

WC3 doesn't control offer the same control for aftermarket cards as it does for the OEM ones. Others have had the same experience with that card.....you can't turn BT on/off with it. Probably better to just uninstall WC3 and use the ATK control functions, or the ones in the Intel driver.

PILGRIM
Level 11
Hi there. If I may ask, what do you think about the Wireless Console 3?
Does it do any good with the Intel 6230?..

I also use Intel 6230 without the Wireless Console 3. And the 6230 works just fine.
Methinks the Wireless Console 3 is just a redundant utility..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM wrote:
Hi there. If I may ask, what do you think about the Wireless Console 3?
Does it do any good with the Intel 6230?..

I also use Intel 6230 without the Wireless Console 3. And the 6230 works just fine.
Methinks the Wireless Console 3 is just a redundant utility..

Good call, PILGRIM....it IS a redundant utility! It doesn't do anything that Windows can't do. And as noted, it doesn't even offer its full functionality for cards besides the OEM ones. In your 6230, it can't control BT, and as I understand it, it even limits the normal Windows options available to you in the BT taskbar icon, making BT less-convenient to control than without WC3.

BrodyBoy wrote:
Good call, PILGRIM....it IS a redundant utility! It doesn't do anything that Windows can't do. And as noted, it doesn't even offer its full functionality for cards besides the OEM ones. In your 6230, it can't control BT, and as I understand it, it even limits the normal Windows options available to you in the BT taskbar icon, making BT less-convenient to control than without WC3.

Sorry, but i have a problem with this utility. I have updated my wireless console and so my led wireless on the note doesn't work properly! I have tried to remove it and install next time but I don't have result. Also I have noticed that when i remove the WC3 the led work fine? How i can resolve it? Thanks for all and sorry for my poor english!
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

Symho wrote:
Sorry, but i have a problem with this utility. I have updated my wireless console and so my led wireless on the note doesn't work properly! I have tried to remove it and install next time but I don't have result. Also I have noticed that when i remove the WC3 the led work fine? How i can resolve it? Thanks for all and sorry for my poor english!

The point is that WC3 is not fully compatible with the Intel 6230.

Symho
Level 7
To BrodyBoy:

I have Atheros

BrodyBoy
Level 10
This thread discussion (see title) was specifically about using WC3 and the Intel 6230.

For general problems with WC3, try searching for other threads that address your particular issue....I know it pops up occasionally. If you can't find an answer that way, you could try starting a new thread.

Personally, I think WC3 is one of those worthless Asus utilities that just consumes resources and adds little except the potential for more software conflicts. I never install it or use it.

BrodyBoy wrote:
This thread discussion (see title) was specifically about using WC3 and the Intel 6230.

For general problems with WC3, try searching for other threads that address your particular issue....I know it pops up occasionally. If you can't find an answer that way, you could try starting a new thread.

Personally, I think WC3 is one of those worthless Asus utilities that just consumes resources and adds little except the potential for more software conflicts. I never install it or use it.

Ok sorry, you have reason, i have remove WC3 and led now work properly... I hope that ASUS update soon this utility!

On my SONY VAIO there is a simple switch hardware (also software) and there isn't this problem...

Thanks for all!

Symho wrote:
On my SONY VAIO there is a simple switch hardware (also software) and there isn't this problem...

Thanks for all!

I know....I prefer a hardware switch, too.

On your Asus laptop, you can easily toggle the wireless radios using Fn+F2. You don't need WC3 for this.