New ROGer Array

Help noob connect Ryujin 360 II to a Maximus Extreme

I haven't built a PC since the 1080 days, so I'm struggling with all the new connectors. The ryujin has two cables from it. A USB cable and a 4 pin cable in a 8 pin header block. Where do I plug that 8 pin block into my motherboard? The manual says into the water pump headers, but those are 4 pin and I don't know the pinout on this 8 pin block.

New ROGer Array RogScott PC Specs
    RogScott PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z690-E Gaming Wifi
    ProcessorIntel i9-12900K
    Memory (part number)32gb (2x16) Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    Monitor1) Dell U3014 2) Dell 2412M
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2tb nvme
    Storage #22x Samsung 980 Pro 1tb nvme
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin II 360
    CaseCorsair 7000D Airflow
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200
    Keyboard Asus Strix Flair II Animate
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G35
    Mouse Pad Perixx DX-2000
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AX86U

Ryujin Connections

Quote Originally Posted by Oatlord View Post
    I haven't built a PC since the 1080 days, so I'm struggling with all the new connectors. The ryujin has two cables from it. A USB cable and a 4 pin cable in a 8 pin header block. Where do I plug that 8 pin block into my motherboard? The manual says into the water pump headers, but those are 4 pin and I don't know the pinout on this 8 pin block.
    The cable with the small usb connector goes to the Fan/Lighting HUB provided with the Ryujin.

The cable with the 8-pin block (with 4 pins occupied) goes to a motherboard USB2 header. DO NOT TRY TO CONNECT IT TO A FAN HEADER. USB headers have 8 pins (4 each for 2 USB ports). Plugging the Ryujin 8pin block (with 4 pins occupied) uses 1/2 of the USB motherboard header -- the other half is "wasted" since it is covered by the empty 4 pin positions of the Ryujin 8-pin connector.

If you need additional internal USB 2.0 headers, an internal USB 2.0 hub will need to be purchased.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by RogScott View Post
    The cable with the small usb connector goes to the Fan/Lighting HUB provided with the Ryujin.

The cable with the 8-pin block (with 4 pins occupied) goes to a motherboard USB2 header. DO NOT TRY TO CONNECT IT TO A FAN HEADER. USB headers have 8 pins (4 each for 2 USB ports). Plugging the Ryujin 8pin block (with 4 pins occupied) uses 1/2 of the USB motherboard header -- the other half is "wasted" since it is covered by the empty 4 pin positions of the Ryujin 8-pin connector.

If you need additional internal USB 2.0 headers, an internal USB 2.0 hub will need to be purchased.
    It finally dawned on me that it was a USB header, so thank you for that.