cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) - Aura Sync - No devices available

SignedAdam
Level 9
These issues with Armoury Crate are starting to get really annoying real fast!

Specifications :

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4006, 07/03/2022

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor called with a h115i pro

gpu 1660 super

ax1600i power supply

I noticed Armoury Crate started not applying my RGB settings at the desktop (boot time) and i would, have to... manually open Armoury Crate and go in to the RGB Aura Sync drop down and randomly change it to some other lighting effect, then back again for it to work! i had this problem under windows 10 ages ago and knew uninstalling all the ASUS stuff would be risky and potentially bring back an old issue where nothing shows up... but I thought it's been a few years since then, no way would this problem be around (spoiler it's still exists...)

so I tried a dirty install, thats just downloading the Utilities: Armoury Crate (Armoury Crate & Aura Creator Installer) and reinstalling it, everything seem to go fine, however RGB still not found! next i did a full uninstall, manually removing files and using tools ASUS supply on the DRIVER & TOOLS page for this motherboard "Here"

Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool - doesn't seem to work all that well from the errors, notice the fan error that comes up twice?
at this point i removed everything from :

(C:\Program Files\ASUS) (C:\ProgramData\ASUS) (C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\ASUS) (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS) (C:\Program Files\ASUS) (C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp) (C:\Windows\temp)

then I continued with the install of Armoury Crate

at this point you can see the fruits of my labour are sour... no rgb and also no fan control

next i try installing the updates inside of Armoury Crate

gamesdk will go in to a update loop after checking for updates, again im told its not up to date and the loop continues, rgb still doesnt show up, fan speed is missing still?

I know if i reinstall windows and go to install Armoury Crate it will work, if someone could point to where all the files are found for Armoury Crate and its companion programs (its my belief some corrupt config file is being stored somewhere and not replaced or deleted)

not only are we ASUS owners of these boards plagued with tuns of errors and things not working, from serious system tools which were shipped/stored with in our boards internally, (the internal install for Armoury Crate has no way to be started manually) but we were also miss sold, i brought my board under the understanding that icue would change the lighting, its never worked and both asus and corsair have dropped support for such joint efforts, overall very disappointed. Armoury Crate has never come out of beta on the windows store...
16 REPLIES 16

SignedAdam
Level 9
Tried again a full reinstall, again im met with a blank Armoury Crate when it 1st starts (which has to be force closed)

when i reopen it I see Armoury Crate, but my RGB is missing

you could study this thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re...

and then if you have questions about it let me know.

But the steps you probably need to take are:
1) run the AC uninstall tool using my clean boot method (see post #30 in the thread linked above.)
2) run the AI Suite 3 Cleaner
3) Install AI Suite 3 latest version
4) Install Armoury Crate

Jimbo93 wrote:
you could study this thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re...

and then if you have questions about it let me know.

But the steps you probably need to take are:
1) run the AC uninstall tool using my clean boot method (see post #30 in the thread linked above.)
2) run the AI Suite 3 Cleaner
3) Install AI Suite 3 latest version
4) Install Armoury Crate

Hi again, I would like to add two other suggestions:

Check that you are running the latest bios version for your motherboard. I saw a forum post about a new one for CH8 board so check that out.
2nd point is drivers. You might want to check MoKiChUs driver threads for latest drivers and use his driver store explorer to remove any old drivers. I have found his drivers to be very helpful on my system. Â*

SignedAdam
Level 9
after following the steps its now completely unresponsive

im getting messages like this

but after pressing yes (on the dialog box) im met with a (completely unresponsive Armoury Crate) now

ive even tried safe mode

to get ride of everything, this is crazy

Version 4006 2022/03/10 is the latest bios for my board

Hmmm. So, these are the steps... and you don't have any questions about it? Should work fine.

First the Clean boot uninstall
1. Configure for a clean boot per the instructions at the link below except do not disable these 3 asus services: ASUS Com Service, AsusCertService, Armoury Live Update. So startup apps get disabled either under settings/apps or using task manager, and then using system configuration utility all services are disabled except the 3 mentioned.

2. Disable all 3rd party tasks using the autoruns utility I mentioned in the first post of this thread. There is a screenshot about this part here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re...

3. REBOOT.

4. Run the Armoury Crate uninstaller and reboot.

5. Configure for a normal boot using system configuration utility. And renable startup apps under windows settings apps startup section.

6. Open Registry Editor go to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\services. Remove all entries in the services key. Close registry editor.

7. Renable 3rd party tasks using autoruns. and REBOOT.

Then run AI suite 3 uninstaller/cleaner and reboot

Then install AI Suite 3 and reboot

Then install Armoury Crate

One correction to something io said...When I said all service are disabled except the 3 listed in my post, I should also say that microsoft services are not to be disabled. So using the system configuration utility on the services tab you need to check the box that syas hide microsoft services, then disable the rest except for the 3 asus services I listed.

I just sent you a pm.

nothing to delete here ?

Jimbo93 wrote:
Hmmm. So, these are the steps... and you don't have any questions about it? Should work fine.

First the Clean boot uninstall
1. Configure for a clean boot per the instructions at the link below except do not disable these 3 asus services: ASUS Com Service, AsusCertService, Armoury Live Update. So startup apps get disabled either under settings/apps or using task manager, and then using system configuration utility all services are disabled except the 3 mentioned.

2. Disable all 3rd party tasks using the autoruns utility I mentioned in the first post of this thread. There is a screenshot about this part here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126019-Jimbo%92s-uninstall-procedure-for-a-problem-free-re...

3. REBOOT.

4. Run the Armoury Crate uninstaller and reboot.

5. Configure for a normal boot using system configuration utility. And renable startup apps under windows settings apps startup section.

6. Open Registry Editor go to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\services. Remove all entries in the services key. Close registry editor.

7. Renable 3rd party tasks using autoruns. and REBOOT.

Then run AI suite 3 uninstaller/cleaner and reboot

Then install AI Suite 3 and reboot

Then install Armoury Crate

As you can see from the ROG eye screenshot,

"ArmouryCrateService" takes way to long to start, it does start but clearly isn't working,

"asComSvc" never starts and stops

so its the services that are at fault...