cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift PG32UQ HDR/Local Dimming Issues

superrocko
Level 7
I just want to find out, if there are other users, which have the same problems.
On Asus PG32UQ, the Local Dimming Feature seams to not work in over 90% of the time, so that it looks to bright.

I made a comparison with an other model (XG27AQ), which works correctly.

Asus PG32UQ:

Asus XG27AQ, with correct Local Dimming:

Asus means, they know about this. But obviously, they don't want or aren't able to fix it since a half year.

To say it clear: It worked great with initial firmwares 015/017, with 023 and 024, this bug comes into the firmware.
3 REPLIES 3

darkcg
Level 9
I have disabled the local dimming. For me it's unusable, expecially on scenes where there is ton of black and white characters. I have no experience with the previous firmwares, I have updated the monitor pretty much as soon as it came in the house.

This monitor is plagued by other problems too. I'm really regretting I have bought it and not asked for a refund when I had the possibility.

No video signal all the time, slow as hell on resuming after the sleep state, local dimming broken.
And after all of this, no official words from Asus.

I have updated to Firmeare v034 now, and it´s still NOT fixed. Local Dimming is just not really working.
Sad, that Asus is not able, to fix it about a year after release!

No one else, that have the same problem with HDR + Local Dimming ingame, such as Resident Evil, as described?
It is still not fixed 😞