cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme error code 00

Rapid7
Level 7
Hi,

I've had my system running fine for 2 weeks (Stock settings no overclock) and today i get the 00 error code on boot.

I'm running the latest bios 1202,and the only way i can get the sytem to boot is by using the usb/rog connect bios flash method.The pc will run fine then after 5 or 6 reboots the error code will appear again & i have to re-do the bios flash again.

I'm running the following.

Intel 3820.
16Gb Gskill 1600mhz ram 9.9.9.24.
Nvidia GTX 680
Crucial M4 SSD.
Corsair HX1000 PSU.

Also since this has started too happen the PCH fan wont work?

Please help as this is doing my head in 🙂
16 REPLIES 16

Rapid7
Level 7
I have checked the cpu socket for bent pins & they are all fine,if i shut the computer down and then restart it i get the error code straight away.I then have to shut the pc down again and switch the power supply off & leave it off for around 10 mins & it will then boot but the bios resets itself so i have go back into the bios & change some settings.

Radiant_mind
Level 9
What happens when you switch to the 2nd BIOS by pressing the red button that is labeled BIOS_SWITCH on the PCB at the bottom right corner of the board (under sata ports). Does it stay stable on that BIOS? I would stop flashing the BIOS using ROG connect if you are already on the latest 1202. Do you get any other red LED lights under the debug code? Have you tried a CMOS reset? We need to know more specifics of what you have tried.
i7-3820 @ 5.0Ghz - RIVF - 32GB Kingston @1866 - Gigabyte Radeon 7970 x2 - Cosair Force GT 240GB x2 (RAID 0) - WD 2TB 7200 (RAID 1)

I have tried all of the above including the 2nd bios,cmos reset,removing the battery & no other lights under the debug code. Once the computer does boot it is stable & don't have any problems at all untill i shut down and go to switch the pc on again.

Baalberith
Level 7
u might give 0018 a try. runs very stable here for quiet a while now at 4.4Ghz@1.28v
Intel Core i7 3960X 4.4Ghz @ 1.28v
Asus Rampage 4 Extreme
32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 Reds
Corsair H80
Corsair AX1200
2 x M4 Crucial 128GB
3 x 2TB WD Black
2 x XFX GTX285 BE
Dell U3011

How would i go about getting the 0018 bios?

Thanks, Paul.

Baalberith
Level 7
R4E 1103 New BIOS

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-03f241a9.html

updates some pcie codes
open range off vga core to -222
Edit/Delete Message

Made by Shamino, hes the wonderguy of ASUS 😛

Greets,

Remco
Intel Core i7 3960X 4.4Ghz @ 1.28v
Asus Rampage 4 Extreme
32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 Reds
Corsair H80
Corsair AX1200
2 x M4 Crucial 128GB
3 x 2TB WD Black
2 x XFX GTX285 BE
Dell U3011

Many thanks, touch wood that new bios has fixed my error 00 code 🙂

I have shut down & restarted around 10 times and not one single 00 code has appeared.

But for some reason my PCH fan is still not working but i'm not too bothered about that.

Many thanks.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers Ballberith for stepping up to bat.

Rapid7 keep us informed as to how things pan out with the new BIOS
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Will do,any idea why the PCH fan has stopped working as i turned it off the previous day before all this started happening & i have not go it working since? Also can i ask what causes the error code 00 and how this bios fixes it?

Thanks.