cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Live update issue g74sx

mbuxx
Level 7
Having a little issue with live update here. I check everyting and then hit update all. And it always says Asus Live Update will close to update itself. Then it never comes back open and i cant open it either?
G74Sx-DH71
i7 2670 QM
12 GB RAM
GTX 560m 3GB
2x 750 gb HD
Throttlestop bios mod 203
12 REPLIES 12

fuzon1337
Level 10
The Asus Live update is very unstable so the drivers it want to download and install is the drivers from Asus Support site

Not sure what you have done after you started your notebook for the first time, but check out bloatware preinstalled programs that you don't need. 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Yeah I'm not really concerned about it I realizes drivers are available all over lol. However this was after a clean install of win 7 and I used driver cd to get live update
G74Sx-DH71
i7 2670 QM
12 GB RAM
GTX 560m 3GB
2x 750 gb HD

I have the same issue. I did the Asus live update. It went through all the updates. When it came time for the bios update, it continued to show the bios update was not downloaded and not installed... even though the live update says it was. I rebooted my laptop.... because it forced me to do that like 5-6 times for all the updates.... upon rebooting the final time, the live update disappeared and will not operate. It keeps asking "Do you want the following program to make changes to this computer?" I click yes, but nothing happens.

I absolutely HATE HATE HATE THIS FRICKIN COMPUTER AND DESPISE ASUS WITH A PASSION.

The cursor jumps all over the place. I was hoping the bios update would fix this sh*t. How the f*ck am I ?suppose to use this computer?

F*CK YOU, ASUS

KickDownDoors wrote:
I have the same issue. I did the Asus live update. It went through all the updates. When it came time for the bios update, it continued to show the bios update was not downloaded and not installed... even though the live update says it was. I rebooted my laptop.... because it forced me to do that like 5-6 times for all the updates.... upon rebooting the final time, the live update disappeared and will not operate. It keeps asking "Do you want the following program to make changes to this computer?" I click yes, but nothing happens.

I absolutely HATE HATE HATE THIS FRICKIN COMPUTER AND DESPISE ASUS WITH A PASSION.

The cursor jumps all over the place. I was hoping the bios update would fix this sh*t. How the f*ck am I ?suppose to use this computer?

F*CK YOU, ASUS

Hi @KickDownDoors and Welcome to the ROG forum

As I said in my post (# 2) the Asus Live update is a very unstable program and you can find all the programs it want to install on your notebook at Asus Support.

"Live Update - A utility that automatically downloads and installed the latest drivers and BIOS for your notebook. This program is known to be extremely buggy and rarely works. I'd highly recommend you to uninstall this."
Source: Asus Utility and Bloatware Guide

Installing the BIOS through the Live update is a huge risk for bricking it, and you'll have to RMA so a service center can fix it.

So if you want to update your BIOS go to Asus support choose your notebook, then choose the OS version and download the BIOS. Then follow these steps about how to flash your BIOS:

JRd1st wrote:

The Safer Method to Flash a System BIOS
1. Format a USB drive to FAT32 format.
2. Download the new BIOS and unzip it to the USB drive.
3. Remove USB drive after you're certain the file transfer is complete.
4. Restart your notebook and while the ASUS logo is on the screen press F2 or del a few times to enter the BIOS setup.
5. Find the Easy Flash Utility and insert the USB drive. Tell Easy flash where your BIOS file is then follow directions explicitely!!!
6. When your notebook restarts, enter the BIOS Setup utility again and select "Load Optimized Defaults" (I think it's f9 )
7. Save and Exit, then continue into Windows.

About the cursor issue can get fixed by 1. updating the ATK package
and the 2. is to update the touchpad driver.

How to locate which touchpad you have:

Right click on computer, choose manage.

Then click on device maneger.

Click on mouse and other pointing devices.

Then you will see if you got the Synaptics or Sentellic drivers.

Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

KickDownDoors wrote:

Then you really should just sell it and get a different one. Life's too short to have that much anger over a piece of metal and plastic.

When you are $1200+ into a laptop simply starting over is not an issue. Unless you would like to buy my slightly used Asus laptop that has keyboard issues?

G74sxpoo wrote:
When you are $1200+ into a laptop simply starting over is not an issue. Unless you would like to buy my slightly used Asus laptop that has keyboard issues?

I'm not saying it's fun or easy.....you would presumably take a loss on it. But it would be a proactive step. Ranting obscenities on an owners' forum is not.....it's a waste of everybody's time and does zilch to resolve the computer's problems.

mbuxx wrote:
Yeah I'm not really concerned about it I realizes drivers are available all over lol. However this was after a clean install of win 7 and I used driver cd to get live update

Frankly, that's kind of a "backwards" move, anyway. Live Update only finds & installs drivers that Asus has "approved" as their official releases....and those drivers will almost invariably be older than the updated drivers you found and installed after your clean install. Therefore, Live Update is never going to be updating the drivers you're actually using, and will probably only bug you about the BIOS update...which shoudl never, ever be done this way.

mbuxx
Level 7
lol , i love my computer. and seems to work great besides a couple fps issues atm
G74Sx-DH71
i7 2670 QM
12 GB RAM
GTX 560m 3GB
2x 750 gb HD