cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have we gotten a timeframe for release of the new GX650 laptop series yet?

Swampthing
Level 8
I've heard Spring, I've heard Summer, and someone else thought it would be closer to October. *It's all over the place. *Do we have any official or semi-official word for a release of the new units? *Personally I'm looking forward to upgrading mine.
Asus Strix G733QSA-XS99-17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop
GeForce RTX 3080, AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
360Hz 3ms 17.3” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
Razer Deathadder v2 Mouse
Verizon FiOS: Gigabit connection
14 REPLIES 14

Swampthing
Level 8
CALM DOWN. *Not all at once!

At least we now have an unboxing video, but it's from ASUS themselves...

https://youtu.be/JHqgMVj5R0c

Swampthing
Level 8
FINALLY Asus has posted WHERE TO BUY for the GX650RX! *On their product page, you can select the option and it takes you straight to B&H Photo's order screen.*

Now of course B&H photo says "COMING SOON - NOTIFY WHEN AVAILABLE" which means they still haven't received any stock yet. *BUT it looks like we are nearing release!

*I definitely think we will see the product available in the USA either during the 17 May announcements or just prior to it.

xeromist
Who knew you'd be the one with the most coverage on this launch, eh Swampthing? LOL
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Adorama already had it on sale a few days ago - I was able to get an order through but the status is still backordered. I posted in the other thread right after my order went through.

https://www.adorama.com/asgx65rxxs97.html

vmspionage wrote:
Adorama already had it on sale a few days ago - I was able to get an order through but the status is still backordered. I posted in the other thread right after my order went through.

https://www.adorama.com/asgx65rxxs97.html

I don’t trust Adorama. Â*The unit hasn’t been officially released in the United States, and they are claiming it’s back ordered? Â*Right now it’s just doesn’t even list him as a distributor for this product. Â*Even B&H photo says “coming soon.â€�

Swampthing wrote:
I don’t trust Adorama. Â*The unit hasn’t been officially released in the United States, and they are claiming it’s back ordered? Â*Right now it’s just doesn’t even list him as a distributor for this product. Â*Even B&H photo says “coming soon.â€�

I suspect they add the inventory to their website when it's shipped from Asus, but it probably sold out quick as it was only up for a few hours. I've spent many thousands with both them and B&H on photog and video gear and have had no issues. Also they only bill you for backordered items when it ships to you.

vmspionage wrote:
I suspect they add the inventory to their website when it's shipped from Asus, but it probably sold out quick as it was only up for a few hours. I've spent many thousands with both them and B&H on photog and video gear and have had no issues. Also they only bill you for backordered items when it ships to you.

Nope, they never had any in stock. Â*It hasn't been released to any USA retailers yet. Â*Adorama probably opened up preorders for a few, but there were no actual units to ship. Â*They simply add them to the list. Â*Even Asus has advised me the GX650RX has not shipped yet. Â*And B&H Photo says "coming soon." Â*

Swampthing
Level 8
JUST A QUICK NOTE OF CAUTION: *The Asus GX650RX available for pre-order at B&H Photo and Excaliber PC is the 2560 single Nebula panel version. *It is not the dual spec panel that many of us are expecting. *It does not appear anyone has the dual spec panel machine available yet.

By the way, don't trust that eBay scammer who is trying to sell his "only unit" because he's had it up for several months now at triple price...*