VSSV
Level 7
Version 1402

2022/03/24

ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO BIOS 1402
1. Update for Intel security issue
2. Improve system performance
3. Improve system compatibility and stability
4. Supports ThunderboltEX 4 card FW update tool for models equipped with an onboard TBT header.

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (M13H.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

https://rog.asus.com/au/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk_bios
16 REPLIES 16

Saltgrass
Level 13
It isn't very often we get a Bios update 3 weeks apart. Something must have been important.

Can we assume you have already installed the update?

I suppose since it is not yet showing up for download it has not actually been released. Surely, if this was a beta bios, you would have stated such.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
It isn't very often we get a Bios update 3 weeks apart. Something must have been important.

I suppose since it is not yet showing up for download it has not actually been released. Surely, if this was a beta bios, you would have stated such.

It was there as I downloaded it then it disappeared off the site now its back
I haven't yet installed in case it was a beta one . However it doesn't state its a Beta One.

Here is the link again that shows it

https://rog.asus.com/au/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk_bios

Saltgrass wrote:

Yes a bios update so quick after another is unusual.

Saltgrass
Level 13
The update finally showed on the US site and installed without issues, so far.

Thanks
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

sdmf74
Level 11
Is it still microcode 50?

Also looks like it includes a firmware update for the onboard thunderbolts, I wonder if that improves speed or what?
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

sdmf74 wrote:
Is it still microcode 50?

Also looks like it includes a firmware update for the onboard thunderbolts, I wonder if that improves speed or what?

EDIT: Decided to go ahead and flash & yes its still on revision 50

kubr0
Level 7
I think the reason why it came out so quick is this:

brettpage wrote:

1. Update for Intel security issue

Could it perhaps be the fix for Spectre v2? If so, did anyone run some benchmarks to check what the performance hit on the CPU is?

sdmf74
Level 11
I asked JJ about the Intel security issue & he said he will find out and get back to me..

Im curious about the thunderbolt firmware update, how are we supposed to perform the firmware update? I opened the thunderbolt control center but theres nothing there although the wording is confusing it sounds like they are talking about the add-on TB card but then says for onboard TB headers so IDK (translated from china talk I suppose).

Supports ThunderboltEX 4 card FW update tool for models equipped with an onboard TBT header.

sdmf74 wrote:
I asked JJ about the Intel security issue & he said he will find out and get back to me..

Im curious about the thunderbolt firmware update, how are we supposed to perform the firmware update? I opened the thunderbolt control center but theres nothing there although the wording is confusing it sounds like they are talking about the add-on TB card but then says for onboard TB headers so IDK (translated from china talk I suppose).

Supports ThunderboltEX 4 card FW update tool for models equipped with an onboard TBT header.

I don't think it's a fw update but actually allowing a tool to update the thunderboltEX 4 card fw.