cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuf ax5400 router power cable extension

Majorj0nny
Level 7
My ax5400 router is pretty high up on a shelf while the power socket is quite low down on the wall. I could really do with a male to female extension cable to give be more slack and can see plenty of 2.1mm cables on Amazon, but is the ax5400 a 2.1mm socket power or something else ?
3 REPLIES 3

jzchen
Level 14
Is there a particular reason you can't/won't use an extension cord from the wall outlet to the AC adapter plug, vs the round plug to the router that you are looking for?

jzchen wrote:
Is there a particular reason you can't/won't use an extension cord from the wall outlet to the AC adapter plug, vs the round plug to the router that you are looking for?

Im going to have to as Im drawing a blank in getting any kind of extension.

Just the circumstances of the cupboard this sits on, makes it very awkward to neatly hide a standard power extension away, particularly when it would have to accommodate the large adaptor plug also. I was hoping to find either the entire lead in a longer length, or just an extension to achieve the same thing.

I literally only saw your response today, my apologies. I see a lot of DC extension cords available but none specifically for a TUF-AX5400. Maybe you can let it run down the back and tape the big adapter to the wall. 😬

(I wasn't that great of an EE student but the take home understanding: the DC side is more sensitive to longer/extended cable length than extending the AC side, specifically regarding voltage drop)...