cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Swift PG32UQ help and advise

LawShadow
Level 7
Hi all,

I might purchase the Asus ROG Swift PG32UQ monitor, will use it for gaming ie rpg's, racing and ARMA 3 and other games that do not need blistering speed ie extreme low input. Is it good ie vivid colors, blacks?

Currently i am using a EIZO FS2735 ips monitor and im very happy with it vivid colors fast yet for racing games i want to emerge my self with a larger screen.

But i do like to watch movies does this monitor has upscaling? So if i watch a 1080p movie can it upscale that movie or im a stuck with black borders? If black borders it will utilize 1:1 right?

I rather not go to big for a screen but if i have to i might go with the new upcoming Sony A90K OLED tv starting from 43 inch that tv has all i need oled is superb with blacks and colors which i do like. and has UPSCALING.

What should i do get the Asus monitor or get the upcoming Sony (will be released in 1 or 2 months)

Your feedback is welcome
Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

Ecmslee
Level 9
Video scaling on a computer is typically handled by the GPU and/or software. That's why you can full screen a video on Youtube and also why videos on your smartphone can fill the entire display. In Windows you can install MadVR and get exceptional upscaling quality. Regarding monitor scaling, most if not all monitors have onboard scalers, but if you have a PC connected you should be running the monitor at native resolution which means the computer is handling the scaling anyway.