New ROGer Array

G74sx-bbk8 cooling upgrade

Hey guys, iv'e got a quick question today.
    about 5 months ago I purchased the g74sx-bbk8, and i noticed that whenever i play a game for a few hours, the number pad and the space next to the number pad get pretty hot. so im wondering if there is a relatively easy way to upgrade the cooling system.(i.e more efficient fans)
    Thank You!

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

The G74 already has one of the best laptop cooling systems available. It's remarkable how well it cools without the traditional bottom vents. Cooling systems are generally designed for a specific motherboard/chassis configuration.....the parts aren't universal or inbterchangeable. Even if you could get more efficient fans, which I don't believe you can, they would only use a little less power, not cool the GPU any better. (That's what's under the area you're talking about.)

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

When my G74 is parked at its station, I lean a 120mm fan against the back exhaust vents, pointing up at an angle, and run it with an old power supply I raided from a desktop. The fan blows up and away from the vents, and aids the G74's cooling system at expelling hot air...its drops my CPU/GPU temps by 2-4 degrees.
    --
    G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
    GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
    17.3" LED 1920x1080
    Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
    Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40