cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Brand New ROG Strix OC 3090 MLCCs Crooked

Vghnnvcffyh
Level 7
Hi everyone, this is my brand new rog strix oc 3090. As you can see, some of the MLCCs are crooked. Is this normal or I actually bought a defect product? Could this cause issues?

Thank you very much!
8 REPLIES 8

BillBittel
Level 12
Wow! That looks pretty bad. Does it work?

BillBittel wrote:
Wow! That looks pretty bad. Does it work?

Hi, it works so far. But I want to make sure if this is a common case or a defective product since it is really expensive... BTW, I bought it from Micro Center.

DragDay7
Level 9
It looks normal. If those 4 capacitors are placed on one huge pad there's just no way they will align straight by themselves when solder melts. It's not beautiful but I see nothing to worry about.

DragDay7 wrote:
It looks normal. If those 4 capacitors are placed on one huge pad there's just no way they will align straight by themselves when solder melts. It's not beautiful but I see nothing to worry about.

Oh, I feel better now. Thanks for your explaination!
I've looked online for a lot of pictures of strix 3080 3090 and they all have aligned capacities, so I'm wondering what's going on with my gpu.

Vghnnvcffyh wrote:
I've looked online for a lot of pictures of strix 3080 3090 and they all have aligned capacities, so I'm wondering what's going on with my gpu.

Have you? 🙂 https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/saiom3/does_this_look_right_3090_strix_brand_new_just/

Anyway if you don't like it - sell it. I'm first on the line xD

DragDay7 wrote:
Have you? 🙂 https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/saiom3/does_this_look_right_3090_strix_brand_new_just/

Anyway if you don't like it - sell it. I'm first on the line xD

Haha:D

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Vghnnvcffyh wrote:
Hi everyone, this is my brand new rog strix oc 3090. As you can see, some of the MLCCs are crooked. Is this normal or I actually bought a defect product? Could this cause issues?

Thank you very much!

Yes is normal. is common ground pad. that is why look like that. If you have issues on it please contact asus support or the store you get the model from
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
Yes is normal. is common ground pad. that is why look like that. If you have issues on it please contact asus support or the store you get the model from

Thanks! I am glad to know this is not defective!