cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Scar 15 - killing my hard drives

V_Syn
Level 8
I have a 2021 Strix Scar, Ryzen 5800 / 3070.

After getting the laptop I installed a sencond 2TB drive. That worked for around 6 months then one day dissapeared. Sent it back to Scan and they sent me a replacement. That lasted a few weeks and died again. THen the 3rd Drive died. Scan were quite good in replacing it, but after sending the 3rd one in, which was dead they just refunded me and suggested I contact Asus.

I contacted Asus and theyre response is that 2TB isnt tested in these machines. they're not able to tell me where I could have known or checked this, but were full of excuses and unhelpful.

Just wondering if anyone else has expreiences this? Im left holding the baby after spending £2k on a laptop that doesnt have enough storage.

Feeling that had they advertised this (like Razer etc) then it could have saved everyone a load of hassle.
3 REPLIES 3

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello
May I know which brand and model name of SSD you installed? It's true we test Samsung and WD max 1T capacity. Now many SSD have high temperature need to concern. Not only compatibility of capacity, but thermal problem need to overcome.

Hi

THe drive is a 2TB Intel 660p.

THanks

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi
2TB Intel 660 isn't compatible with this model yet.