cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking a favor regarding mobile hotspot and Z690 motherboard.

Saltgrass
Level 13
I was involved on a thread on the Intel site with a person running a strix Z690-f gaming board. The problem is when setting up the mobile hotspot and trying to use the 5 GHz radio, the setup states the 5 GHz radio is not available and will not allow the hotspot to be set up in that configuration. It can be set up using the 2.4 GHz radio.

I originally thought possibly you could not use the 5 GHz radio for both the hotspot and connection to the internet which was causing the message. After doing some testing on both my Z490 and Z590 motherboards, I was able to set it up as expected.

So there is a possibility a situation with the Z690 which is keeping the process from working as expected. I am asking if anyone was willing to test it on their Z690 motherboard to see if it works for you. The configuration needing feedback on is the one below.

Thanks for reading.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX210-5ghz-Hotspot-Issue/m-p/1374493/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9w...

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
1 REPLY 1

Paloma36
Level 7
Hi... I need some guidance from you regarding my data card purchase. As I am a full time user of internet, my data consumption is high.. so I thought to use an external data card that supports as mobile hotspot. But when I saw the list of supported operating systems for this device its only supporting windows XP and windows 7 and not for VISTA. So I need your help whether this device is suitable for my laptop (WINDOWS VISTA) or not?