cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Me Overclock 12700K With This Prime Z690 P D4

SpicyxD
Level 7
Hello Gentlemen

i've been in this loop for the past 4 days now can't get a good clock speed without bluescreens with watchdog error or blackscreens then restart or high temps
my target is 5 p cores and 4 e cores

my board is Asus Prime Z690-P-D4 [ with latest bios ] with 12700K with Noctua NH-U12A Cooler

lowest stable cpu core voltage i could reach with LLC on auto was 1.340 which's so high and consumes alot of power i tried to increase LLC to level 6 i managed to go as low as 1.250 or 1.260 but still consumes 200W and 90-93 temp

without overclock it's 72-73 in cinebench

i came to 2 conclusions either it's because my board settings is different than tuf and rog series in terms of cpu core voltage and what i mean by that is in my board i don't just have 1 option [ CPU Core/Cache Voltage ] instead i have 3 :
Actual VRM Core Voltage
Global Core SVID Voltage
Cache SVID Voltage
and i change the first one only so that gotta be the reason or maybe my silicon lottery is so bad but like i'm not going for 5.1 or 5.2 i'm just looking for the normal oc that everybody does with this cpu
would really appreciate the help guys thank you
3 REPLIES 3

13oots2
Level 7
If your stock temps are that high, I would be looking at a watercooling solution, you don't have a lot of headroom for any kind of overclock.

13oots2 wrote:
If your stock temps are that high, I would be looking at a watercooling solution, you don't have a lot of headroom for any kind of overclock.

but how is 72-73 max temp with default settings is high i thought that's good

anyway i managed to overclock to 4.9Ghz P and 4.0Ghz E LLC on auto and 1.265V with max temp 84 after 10 mins cinebench which is fine i guess ?

but my problem still exists if i want to go for 5Ghz P i need at least 1.350V or higher which increases my temps to 95 if change the llc to level 6 i can lower the voltage to 1.260-1.265 but the temps are the same .. what makes this weird for me that people overclocking to 5ghz with 1.3V or even lower and llc 3 with other boards so i don't know what's causing that

hope someone can help :confused: