cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios update 1402 no substantial fixes

Zardoc
Level 10
I just installed the bios update for my ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6.

I don’t see any performance gain nor did I see one with 1301.

I have 2 nagging issues that have kept bothering me since I bought this board.

1) Boot is fast, but not always. If I install a USB camera (any USB Camera) boot will turn in circles for 15 to 20 seconds longer.
Sometimes, eventually after multiple reboots. Boots will shift back to its fast time, but it’s never the same and most often than not take long to boot.
If I remove everything from USB 2.0 slots, boot will always be fast and I even have all the 3.0 slots populated.
There must be a fix because like I said, sometimes eventually boot will be fast.

2) Why in heaven’s name doesn’t Intel fix their Ethernet drivers. Since I don’t know what Windows version, network will disconnect and reconnect on reboot or shutdown in most cases (That's normal)
Last I225 driver version (1.0.2.14) seemed to have fixed that (not quite, I mean you can disable message in advanced settings), but for a reason I can’t get my head around latest driver (2.1.1.7) brings back the same issue and you can't disable messages in advanced settings.

At least the latest driver gives us the choice of disabling connection loss messages that fill up the event viewer.

Is it possible to have a motherboard that doesn’t have nagging little issues for 3 years and eventually get fixed by the time you want to update the board?
28 REPLIES 28

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Zardoc,
For the issue 1, please try turning off legacy USB support.
For the issue 2, do you mean you get the disconnecting and reconnecting messages in the event viewer when reboot or shutdown the pc? Is there the advanced settings in I225 driver V1.0.2.14 to disable connection loss messages in the event viewer?
Do you have any network issue except the messages in the event viewer?
May I have screenshots about the connection loss messages in the event viewer and the advanced settings in I225 driver V1.0.2.14?
Have you tried Intel Ethernet Controller(I225) Driver V1.0.2.8 from our support site?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Zardoc,
For the issue 1, please try turning off legacy USB support.

Same thing. Other thing, when computer is off and I turn on in the morning, boot is so slow that second screen goes to sleep before boot is complete. I have to turn it on :rolleyes:.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Zardoc,
For the issue 2, do you mean you get the disconnecting and reconnecting messages in the event viewer when reboot or shutdown the pc?

Is there the advanced settings in I225 driver V1.0.2.14 to disable connection loss messages in the event viewer?

Yes V1.0.2.14 has that option not version V2.1.1.7. This shouldn't happen. I even get an LSO warning meaning that WiFi was trigered "6062 - Lso was triggered netwtw 10 "

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Zardoc,
Is there the advanced settings in I225 driver V1.0.2.14 to disable connection loss messages in the event viewer?

NO, but this should not happen. it means that there is a connection issue on reboot and/or shutdown.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Zardoc,
Have you tried Intel Ethernet Controller(I225) Driver V1.0.2.8 from our support site?

No, like I said driver V1.0.2.14 lets me turn off warning.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Zardoc,
Is the booting time longer every time you shutdown and turn on the pc? If not, what is the probability?
How long does it take when the booting speed is fast and slow?
If the slow boot only occurs when you install a USB camera in USB2.0 port, have you tried with another USB2.0 port?
For second screen going to sleep before boot is complete, does it occur on the specific monitor? How do you connect two monitors(iGPU/graphics card/HDMI/DP)?
For I225 driver, it seems there is only V1.0.2.14 on Intel's website. If everything is working fine with V1.0.2.14, please stay in this version.
Thank you.

Zardoc
Level 10
Is the booting time longer every time you shutdown and turn on the pc?
If not, what is the probability?
Yes, most of the time it reacts and slows down (worst with this bios update).
Like I said, sometimes boot will readjust but will do the same as at first after shutdown.

How long does it take when the booting speed is fast and slow?
15 seconds fast, 30 seconds slow

If the slow boot only occurs when you install a USB camera in USB2.0 port, have you tried with another USB2.0 port?
TRIED ALL ports, same problem, tried with other cameras, same problem.

For second screen going to sleep before boot is complete, does it occur on the specific monitor?
Always secondary monitor.

How do you connect two monitors(iGPU/graphics card/HDMI/DP)?
DP

For I225 driver, it seems there is only V1.0.2.14 on Intel's website. If everything is working fine with V1.0.2.14, please stay in this version.
Thank you.

Thought you would say that for driver. Why does the latest not have this option? Why does driver even do this and has for so long?

Why aren't theses issues addressed?

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Zardoc,
All connected devices and peripherals are checked during POST, and USB device may cause delay in boot.
If you have concern about the booting time, please install the USB camera after boot into windows.
For the second screen, do you connect the both monitor to DP ports of the graphics card?
How do you set the second screen in bios and in windows?
For I225 driver, I'm sorry I'm not sure why Intel adjust the option in the version you mentioned.
If you are used to downloading drivers form Intel's website, maybe you can wait for the next driver update.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Zardoc,
All connected devices and peripherals are checked during POST, and USB device may cause delay in boot.
If you have concern about the booting time, please install the USB camera after boot into windows.
For the second screen, do you connect the both monitor to DP ports of the graphics card?
How do you set the second screen in bios and in windows?
For I225 driver, I'm sorry I'm not sure why Intel adjust the option in the version you mentioned.
If you are used to downloading drivers form Intel's website, maybe you can wait for the next driver update.
Thank you.

Your answer is right but your assessment is wrong. So I have a USB camera that is detected by Windows on boot, true. Now why does the system boot properly without any additional wait times with previous bios versions and now the problem is persistent?

Now asking me to plug camera after I boot computer to fix the issue is a total lack of concern for what I stated. So you think people buy expensive electronic products and hold a wire in their hands while the system boots and then plug it in?

Are you serious?

So, keep on doing what you do best, overwhelm people with a bunch of questions.

Done

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Zardoc,
Which bios versions did you use and the booting time was always within 15 seconds with a USB camera installed?
Is the bios default setting with the previous bios versions you mentioned and with bios 1402, 1301?
Are the devices you installed in all same as previous bios versions?
May I have the devices list and which port do you install the each device(such as a USB camera in USB 2.0 port 7)
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Zardoc,
Which bios versions did you use and the booting time was always within 15 seconds with a USB camera installed?
Is the bios default setting with the previous bios versions you mentioned and with bios 1402, 1301?
Are the devices you installed in all same as previous bios versions?
May I have the devices list and which port do you install the each device(such as a USB camera in USB 2.0 port 7)
Thank you.

Starrain, do you know why people stop replying?

Because you want us to do the testing for you. You have so many people confirming the same issue that you look ridiculous asking the same question over and over.

The issue I reported happens with any bios and using any USB 2 port. Tested on 2 boards.

I have only a microphone plugged into a USB 3.0 port. It's simple, If I unplug the camera, boot is 15 seconds. If I plug camera, boot is 30 seconds and some times goes back to 15 seconds with camera still installed.

Can confirm the same issue on z590-e gaming wifi board. Got a generic logitech webcam hd 720p on a usb 2.0 port installed and will randomly get increased boot times, removing it solves it. This has always been an issue, from 707 bios all the way to 1402.