cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mokichu's drivers?

bwana
Level 10
Where is that wonderful collection of drivers for my z490 ASUS Hero that mokichu made? Free of bloat ? I need to reinstall windows and would like to start fresh. Could it be made a sticky somewhere??
Intel 3770K 4.4ghz, 1.24v. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Intel 4930k 4.7ghz 1.37v........AMD 7800x3D async 104
32 gGSkill DR3Trident 2400mhz 1.65v. . . .32 g 1866 Vengeance Pro.......64 g Hynix 6200
ASUS M5G. Noctua D14. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . H110. Noctua A14x4.............Arctic 420
prime95 stable 78degrees. . . . . . . . . . . . . IBT 75 degrees
OCZ V4 OS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . EVO 1TB...............................WDSN850x 2TB
Seasonic 700w. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1200AX.................................HX1200i
All tucked into Lian Li A05. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Fractal Midiv2......................BeQuiet802
8 REPLIES 8

Jimbo93
Level 12
bwana wrote:
Where is that wonderful collection of drivers for my z490 ASUS Hero that mokichu made? Free of bloat ? I need to reinstall windows and would like to start fresh. Could it be made a sticky somewhere??

I subscribed to the main thread here for easy finding
[INDEX] All My Firmware/Drivers/Software Threads (asus.com)

Good luck with your project.

thank you for a quick reply. I figured out which ethernet drivers to get but am confused about which wifi/BT drivers to get?
This page
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?118280-DRIVERS-Intel-Ethernet-WiFi-Bluetooth
lists 3 different wifi drivers and 2 different BT drivers.
Intel 3770K 4.4ghz, 1.24v. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Intel 4930k 4.7ghz 1.37v........AMD 7800x3D async 104
32 gGSkill DR3Trident 2400mhz 1.65v. . . .32 g 1866 Vengeance Pro.......64 g Hynix 6200
ASUS M5G. Noctua D14. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . H110. Noctua A14x4.............Arctic 420
prime95 stable 78degrees. . . . . . . . . . . . . IBT 75 degrees
OCZ V4 OS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . EVO 1TB...............................WDSN850x 2TB
Seasonic 700w. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1200AX.................................HX1200i
All tucked into Lian Li A05. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Fractal Midiv2......................BeQuiet802

bwana wrote:
thank you for a quick reply. I figured out which ethernet drivers to get but am confused about which wifi/BT drivers to get?
This page
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?118280-DRIVERS-Intel-Ethernet-WiFi-Bluetooth
lists 3 different wifi drivers and 2 different BT drivers.

The drivers for wifi and blue tooth are specified by the hardware. So... open the windows device manager applet, expand the network adapter branch. Get the model number of the Intel Wifi adapter. Match that number to MoKiChUs model # code for each driver.

The necessary drivers are on the download site but you will have to expand out the sections to see all included in that group.

Windows seems to be very good about updating your Wi-Fi drivers so you might check the advanced Windows Update section for driver updates. Currently, on a Hero (Wi-Fi) they are 22.120.0.3. My system (Hero Wi-Fi) uses the Intel AX201 Wi-Fi Card.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
The necessary drivers are on the download site but you will have to expand out the sections to see all included in that group.

Windows seems to be very good about updating your Wi-Fi drivers so you might check the advanced Windows Update section for driver updates. Currently, on a Hero (Wi-Fi) they are 22.120.0.3. My system (Hero Wi-Fi) uses the Intel AX201 Wi-Fi Card.

I wouldn't mix asus support page and windows update drivers and MoKiChU's drivers. The version of WiFi from MoKiChU is more recent too. On my system for Intel Wifi AC 9462 I have installed MoKiChU's driver and the version is 22.130.0.5.

Jesseinsf
Level 10
bwana wrote:

We should not be doing the work for you. Just use some energy and goto mokichu's profile. You will find what you want there.

MoKiChU
Level 40
bwana wrote:

Hi,

You need these firmware/drivers for your ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero (WiFi) motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (H470/Z490)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VMD (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 4xx/5xx

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I217/I218/I219

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AXxxx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 3165/3168/7265D/8xxx/9xxx/AXxxx

[DRIVERS] Marvell/Aquantia Ethernet

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Zardoc
Level 10
Nice work MoKiChU!

You can also save your drivers after complete install with Driver Store Explorer or you can save your drivers
with command lines:

Export-WindowsDriver
Win 10: Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination ''FOLDER LOCATION"
Win 11: DISM /online /export-driver /destination: ''FOLDER LOCATION"

EXP: Win 11: DISM /online /export-driver /destination:E:\11Drivers