cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore II causing Suspend (Linux Mint)

TinMan1325
Level 7
Hi there,
for some reason my ROG Claymore II is causing my computer to go into Suspend mode (or something like that) every few minutes. I get the little pop-up as seen in the picture below
And no matter what option I choose, my computer goes into Suspend mode, even if I don't click anything at all it will still do it. The only thing I can do to get out of it is pressing the power button (mouse clicks/keyboard strokes/reset button all do nothing)

I'm using Linux Mint
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I Mini ITX Gaming Motherboard
AMD Ryzen™ 7 3800X Processor
46 REPLIES 46

Nate152
Hi TinMan1325

I find it odd you'd get a Session message from the ROG Claymore II keyboard, this could be a Linux thing, have you disabled Suspend in Linux?

https://ostechnix.com/linux-tips-disable-suspend-and-hibernation/#:~:text=Disable%20suspend%20and%20...

I'm using windows so it may be different, but if you're 100% sure the keyboard is causing the message, you can try setting USB Selective Suspend to disabled.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi TinMan1325

I find it odd you'd get a Session message from the ROG Claymore II keyboard, this could be a Linux thing, have you disabled Suspend in Linux?

https://ostechnix.com/linux-tips-disable-suspend-and-hibernation/#:~:text=Disable%20suspend%20and%20...

I'm using windows so it may be different, but if you're 100% sure the keyboard is causing the message, you can try setting USB Selective Suspend to disabled.

Hi there, thanks for the response
It's definitely the keyboard. I've had this computer for at least a year now and the issue only happened when I got this keyboard. I have two other keyboards and it never happened

So I disabled everything like in the article and it's still doing it, only this time I no longer get the popup, it just does it automatically

Nate152
All right,

It sounds like you got it half fixed.

Does it go into suspend when using the keyboard, or when you've been away from your pc for awhile?

Are you able to disable USB Selective Suspend or similar in Power Options? This is of course for windows.

Nate152 wrote:
All right,

It sounds like you got it half fixed.

Does it go into suspend when using the keyboard, or when you've been away from your pc for awhile?

Are you able to disable USB Selective Suspend or similar in Power Options? This is of course for windows.

When I've been away for a while it will go into Suspend and my mouse and other keyboard work fine and I can get out of it (which I now have turned off)

When the Claymore II is being used, it goes into Suspend and none of my keyboards or mouse works. The only way to get my computer running again is by pressing the power button

Maybe one of them is Suspend and the other is Hibernate? I really don't know the difference between the two

I'm unable to disable USB Selective Suspend. I don't know my way around Linux very well

Nate152
Ok, me not being familiar with Linux doesn't help either.

It's possible the ROG Claymore II needs a firmware update, but I'm not sure how to do this without Armoury Crate which requires windows 10 or 11.

Does it happen in both wired and wireless mode?

The only thing I really have left is to try resetting your ROG Claymore II by pressing and holding the Fn+ESC keys for 10-15 seconds.

If this doesn't help.....

Would you be willing to go to windows 10? You can upgrade to windows 11 free and have the latest support with Armoury Crate.

Nate152 wrote:

It's possible the ROG Claymore II needs a firmware update, but I'm not sure how to do this without Armoury Crate which requires windows 10 or 11.

Does it happen in both wired and wireless mode?

The only thing I really have left is to try resetting your ROG Claymore II by pressing and holding the Fn+ESC keys for 10-15 seconds.

If this doesn't help.....

Would you be willing to go to windows 10? You can upgrade to windows 11 free and have the latest support with Armoury Crate.

Oh wow, this keyboard is an absolute disaster when plugged it. So far it didn't put my computer in Suspend but some key strokes aren't registering and when I press the back space a few times, it won't stop deleting all the text

I'll try Fn+Esc

I don't have Windows, unfortunately

Nate152 wrote:

I took it to a computer store and asked if they can update the firmware for me and they told me it wouldn't work. That the keyboard doesn't have onboard memory so it would just be updated to their computer

The Claymore II does have onboard memory, but it was not designed for the Linux environment. The purchase was an expensive gamble...

TinMan1325 wrote:
I took it to a computer store and asked if they can update the firmware for me and they told me it wouldn't work. That the keyboard doesn't have onboard memory so it would just be updated to their computer

MasterC@ROG wrote:
The Claymore II does have onboard memory, but it was not designed for the Linux environment. The purchase was an expensive gamble...

Yeah I was almost certain it has onboard memory, but he's the "expert" so I actually believed him. Thanks