Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by world View Post
    Yep! It's basically a fresh install of Linux on a flash drive.

https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/burn.html

Those are the instructions linked from the Linux Mint site on how to create a live boot drive, and then boot your system into the flash drive to load the live boot.

If you could spend some time in the live boot, you can check if the same problem persists with a simulated fresh install of Mint.

If you're still seeing the same issues as you do currently, then there's probably some weird interaction with Linux Mint and the Claymore II keyboard. There's likely some compatibility issues in this case. ( Unfortunately, the Claymore II does not officially support Linux)

If you're no longer experiencing the same issues in the live boot, it's likely that you have some software installed that's interacting with the keyboard.
    Ok I'll give that a try on Sunday when I have a day off. Thanks

Someone on a different forum suggested updating my BIOS, but I think I can only do that in Windows
    https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro.../helpdesk_bios

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    Ok, me not being familiar with Linux doesn't help either.

It's possible the ROG Claymore II needs a firmware update, but I'm not sure how to do this without Armoury Crate which requires windows 10 or 11.
    I took it to a computer store and asked if they can update the firmware for me and they told me it wouldn't work. That the keyboard doesn't have onboard memory so it would just be updated to their computer

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

The Claymore II does have onboard memory, but it was not designed for the Linux environment. The purchase was an expensive gamble...

Quote Originally Posted by TinMan1325 View Post
    I took it to a computer store and asked if they can update the firmware for me and they told me it wouldn't work. That the keyboard doesn't have onboard memory so it would just be updated to their computer
    Last edited by MasterC@ROG; 04-25-2022 at 06:41 AM.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi
    Processori7-12700KF
    Memory (part number)Kingston Fury Beast 16GB (2x8GB) 6000MT/s (KF560C40B)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 3090 Ti LC OC
    Sound CardSupremeFX
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK Quantum Velocity2
    CaseThermaltake Tower 900
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600 T2
    Keyboard ROG Falchion NX / Strix Flare II
    Mouse ROG Chakram X/Chakram Core/Spatha X
    Headset ROG Delta S Animate
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Prism XL + ROG Scabbard II
    OS Windows 11 Home
    Accessory #1 2x Swiftech Maelstrom X300 D5 V2
    Accessory #2 2x Hardware Labs SR2 560 MP radiators
    Accessory #3 Lamptron FC-5 V3 fan controller

If you don't have anything against windows, you can get Windows 10 Home cheap and upgrade to Windows 11 free (hardware supporting) if you want.

Anyone has access to the Microsoft windows 10 download page, all you need is a clean 16GB flash drive - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

You will however need a windows 10 activation key, the cheapest I see is here and is U.S. currency, says it has free worldwide shipping via e-mails. - https://www.keysoff.com/windows-10-home-32-64-bit.html

Looks like they're having a summer sale for Windows 10 pro, for giggles I added it to my cart and "Coupon Birds" also found a 50% off coupon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keysoff.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	92859

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by world View Post
    Yep! It's basically a fresh install of Linux on a flash drive.

https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/burn.html

Those are the instructions linked from the Linux Mint site on how to create a live boot drive, and then boot your system into the flash drive to load the live boot.

If you could spend some time in the live boot, you can check if the same problem persists with a simulated fresh install of Mint.

If you're still seeing the same issues as you do currently, then there's probably some weird interaction with Linux Mint and the Claymore II keyboard. There's likely some compatibility issues in this case. ( Unfortunately, the Claymore II does not officially support Linux)

If you're no longer experiencing the same issues in the live boot, it's likely that you have some software installed that's interacting with the keyboard.
    So I ended up doing a clean install of Linux Mint 20.3 instead of the USB live thing. Everything seemed fine for a bit, so I decided to switch drivers in Driver Manager. By default it was using xserver-xorg-video-nouveau Version 1:1.016-1, then I switched it to nvidia-driver-510 Version 510.60.02-0ubuntu0.20.04.2 and when I turned off the ROG Claymore II, it did its usual thing and put my computer in Suspend mode

Next I switched back to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau Version 1:1.016-1, and now my computer no longer goes into Suspend mode when I turn my ROG Claymore II off. So I guess the video drivers were causing the issues?

That being said, it still isn't fixed 100%. When using the ROG Claymore II and the xserver-xorg-video-nouveau Version 1:1.016-1 drivers, every 15-20 minutes, my computer still goes into Suspend mode. But, I'm actually able to stop it before it does now (I wasn't able to do that before, it forced Suspend no matter what I did). I can tell it's going into Suspend mode because my Internet will disconnect before it does. So I press the keys on my keyboard when that happens and it stays on and my Internet connects again

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ROG View Post
    The Claymore II does have onboard memory, but it was not designed for the Linux environment. The purchase was an expensive gamble...
    Yeah I was almost certain it has onboard memory, but he's the "expert" so I actually believed him. Thanks

ROG Enthusiast Array

If you don't have anything against windows, you can get Windows 10 Home cheap and upgrade to Windows 11 free (hardware supporting) if you want.

Anyone has access to the Microsoft windows 10 download page, all you need is a clean 16GB flash drive - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

You will however need a windows 10 activation key, the cheapest I see is here and is U.S. currency, says it has free worldwide shipping via e-mails. - https://www.keysoff.com/windows-10-home-32-64-bit.html

Looks like they're having a summer sale for Windows 10 pro, for giggles I added it to my cart and "Coupon Birds" also found a 50% off coupon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keysoff.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	92859
    Wow that is cheap! Thanks for letting me know

Unfortunately I'm not able to write a Windows image to USB on Linux. I tried using the built in "USB Image Writer" and it didn't work. I also tried Etcher and that didn't work either. It seems to be a common problem people have and the only way for them to solve it is by using a Windows computer to create it

Nate152 PC Specs
    Processori7-12700KF
    Sound CardSupremeFX
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    OS Windows 11 Home

Ah, would you have a friend or relative with a windows pc or live close to the library?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ah, would you have a friend or relative with a windows pc or live close to the library?
    No friends or relatives, I just moved here, but there's got to be a library here somewhere. I'll look into that. Thanks

Nate152 PC Specs
    Processori7-12700KF
    Sound CardSupremeFX
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    OS Windows 11 Home

You're welcome,

I would suspect canadian libraries have usable windows pc's the same as we do in the u.s.

They'll likely give you a two hour time limit which you should only need about two minutes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast