Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Moderator Array

Hi sblantipodi,
    Thank you for your information.
    I'll consult our tech team more about this.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi sblantipodi,
    Thank you for your information.
    I'll consult our tech team more about this.
    Thank you very much for letting me know and for trying to help.
    I appreciate it. Thanks.

Moderator Array

Hi sblantipodi,
    I'm afraid our tech team need the Corsair RAM version such as CMT32GX5M2X6200C36(Ver 5.43.13). Please take a picture of your RAM like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corsair - 複製.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	322.4 KB 
ID:	93101
    For Corsair CMT32GX5M2X6200C36, it is 2 sticks in a set, and you install 4 sticks. Please try only one set(2 sticks) in A2 and B2 to see if the issue still occurs.
    For Z690 Hero, did you only change the motherboard and disable SPD Write Protection in bios with the same OS? or did you reinstall OS? or change to another SSD?
    Thank you.

Banned Array

Hi sblantipodi,
    I'm afraid our tech team need the Corsair RAM version such as CMT32GX5M2X6200C36(Ver 5.43.13). Please take a picture of your RAM like this.

Name:	Corsair - 複製.jpg 
Size:	322.4 KB 
ID:	93101
    For Corsair CMT32GX5M2X6200C36, it is 2 sticks in a set, and you install 4 sticks. Please try only one set(2 sticks) in A2 and B2 to see if the issue still occurs.
    For Z690 Hero, did you only change the motherboard and disable SPD Write Protection in bios with the same OS? or did you reinstall OS? or change to another SSD?
    Thank you.
    Hi,
    if you zoom the photo I posted you can clearly see that I'm using CMT32GX5M2X6200C36(Ver 5.43.13).

As I said with two sticks the problem does not happen but I bought a 1200€ mobo with 4 slots because I need a lot of RAM and I need 4 slots for the RAM since I'm considering buying 128GB when available.

As I already said I tried 4 different kind of kits all in your QVL list, one of this kit is certified to work with 4 sticks at 4.4GHz but it still not work.

I have random hanging of the RGB on the RAM and then it hangs on re-boot when the RGB stops working.

Thank you.
    Correct, I used another SSD with a fresh install of Windows 11.

I know that Asus released these boards without good testing and now you abandoned them because you are looking into Z790 but I want a refund or a working mobo.
    Can you help me with this or I have spent all this money to have a PC that simply "doesn't work reliably".

Moderator Array

Hi sblantipodi,
    May I also have specific ram model name, version and picture of Corsair Dominator 4400MHz C36 with Micron chips(the ram you mentioned is certified to work with 4 sticks)?
    Have you also tried the SSD which is no issue on Z690 Hero on Z690 Extreme to reinstall win11 but the issue still occurred?
    Thank you.

Banned Array

Hi sblantipodi,
    May I also have specific ram model name, version and picture of Corsair Dominator 4400MHz C36 with Micron chips(the ram you mentioned is certified to work with 4 sticks)?
    Have you also tried the SSD which is no issue on Z690 Hero on Z690 Extreme to reinstall win11 but the issue still occurred?
    Thank you.
    I have written dominator but the 4x16GB kit was Vengeance, not dominator, I correct my self.
    I was using this kit:
    CMK64GX5M4A4400C36

but I already returned it since micron and samsung are the worst chips on my mobo, I have a lot more problems with samsung and micron over hynix.

I finally sold the Samsung kit also (I lost a lot of money with this trials), but this is a photo of my PC running the Samsung kit.

Name:	IMG_20211218_135854.jpg 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	93167

In any case, all kits have the same issue descibed in this thread, other kits have even more issues...

PS: The SSD is not the problem, they are both Samsung 980PRO 2TB and I swapped the SSDs between the two mobos with fresh Windows install in this months.

Moderator Array

Hi sblantipodi,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I'll share this information to our tech team to check it again.
    Thank you.

Banned Array

Hi sblantipodi,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I'll share this information to our tech team to check it again.
    Thank you.
    I am continuing to test but I'm sure that SPD Write Protection to FALSE and Corsair iCue is the culprit of this problem.
    I have uninstalled iCue and never had the problem since then.

With icue it happen "always", two times in a full day at least, without iCue it seems that it never happen, testing from three days now without icue and never happened.

Reporting if it happen in the future without icue.

This isn't a fix, it's a workaround but without icue I can't manage all my Corsair peripherals.

I opened a ticket with Corsair and they said me that the problem is on the Asus side and that someone in asus is working on this, I hope that it's true.

I'm complaining about this problem since 6 months but nothing fixed yet.

Moderator Array

Hi sblantipodi,
    I'll forward the information to our tech team as well.
    Thank you.

Banned Array

days of testing with iCue enabled but SPD Write protection ENABLED.
    In this way iCue can't control the RGB on the RAM but the problem does not happen.

It's all related to icue controlling the RGB trough SPD Write.

Does this explains why Asus haven't set SPD Write Protection DISABLED by default?
    Probably asus knows that there is some problems in this?
    Other manufacturers does not have this problems and the SPD Write protection is disabled by default in their bios.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast